+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default advice on what to ask FS after failed cycle

Hello girls, I need some advice from those who have been around the block with ivf. So we have just come to the end of our first failed IVF stim cycle. We had 13 eggs collected and 9 fertilized with (ICSI and IVF) made it to day 2 and 8 were frozen and 1 transferred. Our clinic thinks day 2 is best (before you say WTF are they doing!)...not what I think is best though! We had only three transfers, last was a double one. The thing is, we lost 5 embies in the thaw process. The lab have told us the first 2 embies were very high grade for day 2. We just don't want to go through it again if there are things that we ought to be ruling out first . Can anyone recommend some questions we can ask of our FS?? we also have a second opinion coming up with Genea. Thanks for any advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blossom1,

So sorry to hear this had happened to you. Big hug xx

I've had this happen to me twice on two seperate occasions, and it's horrible. I was totally shattered. Second time I was mad !!! Insanely mad

FS made huge changes put me on menapour as I'm old. Next cycle got a BFP

Mine were frozen at day 3 and I later found out that does not have good rates for thawing. Which is great to know now.

Some clinics pefer a day 2 transfer and freeze as standard. And many people do get there BFP from this.

I would be asking FS quailty of them ? Will they do a day 5 etc ?

what can they do to increase the quailty for your next stimm to avoid a surya iron like this happening again.

Best wishes be kind to yourselves. Big hugs xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Blossom1,

So sorry to hear this had happened to you. Big hug xx

I've had this happen to me twice on two seperate occasions, and it's horrible. I was totally shattered. Second time I was mad !!! Insanely mad

FS made huge changes put me on menapour as I'm old. Next cycle got a BFP

Mine were frozen at day 3 and I later found out that does not have good rates for thawing. Which is great to know now.

Some clinics pefer a day 2 transfer and freeze as standard. And many people do get there BFP from this.

I would be asking FS quailty of them ? Will they do a day 5 etc ?

what can they do to increase the quailty for your next stimm to avoid a surya iron like this happening again.

Best wishes be kind to yourselves. Big hugs xxxx
    Ahhh thanks Hun, my DH just said "good advice" and I agree! I will be doing all of that! Thank you