+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    That's your choice? no need to take MY opinion personally.

There seems to be a lot of people who seem to associate having adult/child-free time with drinking. Particularly at weddings (thread). I dont get that hence my post. Weddings are about celebrating the union of two people...not an excuse to get drunk!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Guess it depends on the people/family. For my family, wedding ceremonies are to celebrate the whole union and love of the couple... but the reception is the party and a damn good excuse to get drunk. And same with any adult/child free time. Doesnt happen very often so when it does we drink accordingly. But I realise not everyone is like that.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on the occasion... but generally no I dont expect my kids to be invted everywhere. I had a kid free wedding - even my flower girls went home. It was a very up market reception venue ans all my friends had at least 1 toddler so there would have been at least 18 children under 3 if I had of said yes.

If its an evening event in a nice restaurant I would have no trouble saying no kids and no issue hearing it either...

I know my husbands cousin was mightily offended I didnt make their wedding cause they had no kids and my girl was only 4 months old and I just couldnt leave her. I think it works both ways... I was pretty annoyed she had the gall to be offended when she wouldnt let me bring a baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weddings definitely not. Backyard engagement parties etc yes but wouldn't care if they weren't. Catered events at function centres etc no. In fact, I don't want them there even if they are invited. Not just for the adults around them who are trying to relax, but for the fact that I can't have a drink and relax if they're there. I don't like my kids around adult drinking and conversation if I can help it and don't expect adults to g rate things at an adult event.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Guess it depends on the people/family. For my family, wedding ceremonies are to celebrate the whole union and love of the couple... but the reception is the party and a damn good excuse to get drunk. And same with any adult/child free time. Doesnt happen very often so when it does we drink accordingly. But I realise not everyone is like that.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos
    Agreed. The wedding is the child friendly bit and the party afterward is for adults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, no, no. He only time we wouldn't go is if I couldn't get a sitter for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I don't expect my kids to be invited to things, it is more than likely we would refuse invitations that exclude them (no babysitters, no nearby family). So far it hasn't been an issue though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well to he honest, we had a child free wedding, we were one of the last of our group to get married and majority if my friends were pregnant at my wedding!!! We got married near water and I wanted everyone to relax and enjoy copious amounts of good food and wine /alcohol if they wanted.

We didn't have kids so that was our choice, if you did have kids and didn't come that was fine, I understand that too.

I like to have some adult time at functions and if my beautiful dd is invited, that's great, if not that's great too. If I can't get a babysitter either my husband or I go, but it's always nice to go together.

im sure when she's 18 she won't want me coming to her friends parties hahahaha of course I'm joking!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, no, and probably no but it would depend on the circumstances. I'm not offended when my children aren't invited. I won't always go but that's true with all kinds of invitations. Sometimes I can go, sometimes I can't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes yes maybe.

If it's a party bday at a club or bar then obviously not. But certainly yes to the other two.

I must add that all our circle of friends never ever plan weddings or engagements without kids being invited.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any expectations of other people's events. I understand that other people don't necessarily like my kid as much as I do and I also realise that not everyone is a kid person. It is their right to invite/not invite whoever they want and to be honest I think all this "how dare my child not be invited" to be incredibly childish and self-centred.

We were invited to a wedding when my son was 3 months old, he wasn't specifically invited (mainly because he wasn't born yet when they sent out invites) so I texted the bride and asked if it was ok to bring him or not. She said it was fine, but if she hadn't wanted him there I would have respected that and would most likely would have had to not go since I was still breast feeding him. And I would have been fine with that.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Californication  (15-07-2014),jesssalee  (15-07-2014),TheGooch  (16-07-2014)