+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you expect your children to be invited?
    No.

Are you upset if they aren't?
    No.

Would you refuse an invitation if your children could not attend?
    It depends. Normally, no I don't. But there was one occasion where I did. We're in Tasmania, the wedding was in Brisbane, I had DS3 who was only a few months old and exclusively breastfed. I also hadn't left the big three children for longer than one night and never whilst I was more than a couple of hours away. DH went to the wedding, I stayed home because leaving the big three (who weren't invited), taking the small one (who was invited - because they knew I was breastfeeding and couldn't leave him) and knowing that there would be much partying and catch ups going on that wouldn't be suitable for a baby, it just wasn't suitable. So I didn't go. I was devastated as it was DH's best mates wedding who was best man at our wedding, but I understood and they understood and it was fine.

When DS1 was just 10weeks old my BIL (childless at the time) was getting married and they had a child free wedding despite myself and my SIL having babies the same age and many of their friends having young babies/children. They allowed children at the reception but not the ceremony. I was a little devastated at the time that I couldn't go, but ultimately, it wasn't a big deal and they understood that I wasn't in a position to go.

Every other wedding I've been invited to, I've attended. A couple have been child free and I was able to leave all of my children with my MIL for a few hours or overnight. And another wedding I was allowed to bring DS3 as he was still breastfeeding/dependent on me for sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I don't expect an invite.
    No generally I wouldn't get upset.
    I may not go depending on if I can get a sitter.

My DH's brother is getting married when belly bub will be 6 months old. His df who I get along well with has explained that the reception is kid free. They have organised on site accom for us so I only need to find a sitter. I'm worried that if bubby is a Velcro babe, or won't take a bottle that I may have to miss the reception. I'm going to wait till closer to the day and have a chat with her to see if she would maybe let bub at the reception if they are quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No
    No
    I would have to if I couldn't get a sitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd prefer to go to these things without kids. I rarely get adult time and rarely get to go out and enjoy myself without having to look after kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    No no and no.
    I think its a very entitled opinion to think your children will be or should be invited because you are.
    Not everyone likes children and yeah they can be a giant PITA whether you think they are or not.
    I agree with this, especially if it's being hosted by people that don't have kids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

jesssalee  (15-07-2014)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think that's a bit rude. I've got a very active nearly 4 year old who would probably turn the place upside down and an 18 month old and they both require constant supervision. I would not be able to sit, relax and chat because I would be chasing them around. I would actually rather leave them at home. It's not about getting p1ssed as I don't drink. I just wouldn't be able to fully enjoy myself with them there. My 6 yo would be fine.
    That's your choice? no need to take MY opinion personally.

There seems to be a lot of people who seem to associate having adult/child-free time with drinking. Particularly at weddings (thread). I dont get that hence my post. Weddings are about celebrating the union of two people...not an excuse to get drunk!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Weddings, engagement parties, birthdays, etc.

Do you expect your children to be invited?
    Are you upset if they aren't?
    Would you refuse an invitation if your children could not attend?
    No I don't expect it. Nope dont get upset if they arent- in fact I rather enjoy the break as its a very rare occurrence for us. The only time I would refuse an invite is if we couldnt organise someone to look after them.

Hell, we didn't even have our daughters at our own wedding reception! They were flower girls for the ceremony, then they went to a friends mums place immediately after that finished, they didnt come to the photos (although we had them in the group ones straight after the ceremony finished).

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 15-07-2014 at 11:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No
    No
    No
    In saying that I'm off to my sisters bday on Friday night, no children are invited can't wait first time in years but if children were invited and just not mine I would be furious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope - totally understand people not wanting kids around (for whatever reason they choose). I either go by myself or we don't go, pretty simple for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Not really - though I've double checked when we've been invited to things and the kids weren't specifically invited, just to find out whether or not they are allowed to come. When Jasper was a baby I'd have mentioned he'd just be asleep in the pram, so it's not like he'd be causing a fuss.

Not really - if it's not a child-friendly event, then having kids there is a massive pain for all concerned.

Yup - if we can't attend, we can't attend. It'd be pretty poor form though for anyone to invite people with children, to make it a child-free event, to then chuck a hissy that parents couldn't come. We've gone to some things without the kids, but it's not always an option.