+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Ditto

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I don't expect my daughter to be invited to special events.

Actually we were invited to a friend's wedding and I was surprised to see DD's name on the invite. I did the reverse and rsvp'd saying dd won't be coming but we would be delighted. When I saw the couple I said to them that I hoped they didn't mind and if they would like dd there then we'd bring her. But I knew we wouldn't enjoy the wedding with her. Lucky MIL was able to babysit... We don't usually have many babysitting options.

If it was family I would think yes... We would all be invited.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it was close family yes I would be offended if DD was not invited. I am so surprised that excluding children who are immediate family members from weddings seems to happen!

If it was a friend, particularly if it was in a situation that wasn't child friendly or had a large cost involved per head then I wouldn't be offended. However if I couldn't get family to mind her I wouldn't go, but that's out of practicality not being annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    No, no, no.

Their event, their decision. And honestly, a wedding with my two year old and ten month old in tow doesn't sound like fun to me.

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    No to everything. I wouldn't take him anyway because I'd rather have a night out as a treat without distractions. If we couldn't find a babysitter then I would go by myself and dh would stay home with ds.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    No.
    No.
    Yes, if we can't get my parents to babysit (the only people we'd leave DS with).
    This for us too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No no no.
    Not worth getting upset about.
    People need to accept others wishes in regard to how they plan their special event.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope
    Nope
    Nope

and this is coming from a family where we have lived with no support networks/family to babysit for us, but I never 'expect' anything from anyone when it comes to the kids and invitations.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

sky1  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well we live on the other side of the country to our families so this isn't an issue we have very often.

With immediate family events kids are always included unless it's clearly an adults only event. I don't expect it but it's the way it is with both sides of our family.

Otherwise absolutely not.

And I have a lovely circle of babysitters who are not relatives so eb happily go to non children events.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only time i got upset about a situation like this was when a bride expected me to leave my 12wk old breastfed baby at home for a wedding that was 3hrs drive away.

Otherwise no problem i quite enjoy a night out without the kids