+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you expect your children to be invited? no except of it's a celebration during the day and it's close family (my parents, brothers or DH's).

Are you upset if they aren't? no except if it's close family.

Would you refuse an invitation if your children could not attend? depends on the circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At ds' current age I'm not comfortable with him being babysat. So if he isn't able to attend with us we don't go, as simple as that. We don't get upset by it, it's our choice because of our parenting preferences. He is also only 17 weeks old

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

penny92  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have no expectations but I have my own level of what's cool - If I'm not comfortable leaving a babe or child for whatever reason, I won't. I just won't go. I've not gone to a few "events" but never missed an immediate families wedding or party.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

penny92  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No
    No
    No

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I've learnt not to expect anything of anyone anymore...that being said, my reality is if my DS isn't welcome at a social event, then it's almost a given that I won't be able to attend. If people in my closest circle exclude my son/me from a meaningful social event, I would try to take it with grace, but I think I honestly would feel a little hurt by it too, as they know my situation. However, I recognise that that is my issue, and not theirs to deal with, and I certainly wouldn't cut off friendships over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weddings and engagements, no..
    Birthday parties would depend on who's, their age and the venue..

I've had many invites extended to my children but not taken them anyway..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Yes yes yes. Special events are about family imo. So excluding kids defeats the purpose. If you want 'adult' time go down to a club and get p*ssed.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think that's a bit rude. I've got a very active nearly 4 year old who would probably turn the place upside down and an 18 month old and they both require constant supervision. I would not be able to sit, relax and chat because I would be chasing them around. I would actually rather leave them at home. It's not about getting p1ssed as I don't drink. I just wouldn't be able to fully enjoy myself with them there. My 6 yo would be fine.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babyla  (15-07-2014),BettyW  (15-07-2014),Cicho  (15-07-2014),MummbearPapabearNCubs  (21-07-2014),penny92  (15-07-2014),Rutabaga  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Weddings, engagement parties, birthdays, etc.

Do you expect your children to be invited?
    Are you upset if they aren't?
    Would you refuse an invitation if your children could not attend?
    Immediate family yes. Extended family yes as most if not all my babysitters will be there. Immediate friends yes. Work colleagues or other friends no.

Family I would be upset. Friends no.

Family, I would decline. Friends no.

On a side note. I'm Indian. Kids are always included in functions on my side. It's dh's Caucasian Australian side of the family that don't invite kids. So I let him get cranky.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No to all the questions. The only exception would be a funeral. This to me can be a life changing event to children if it's not handled well and they are excluded. However again, I wouldn't push it, I would just have to come up with our own little way of saying goodbye so they can have a positive memory of farewelling their loved one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No to everything.