+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS has been to a few hated restaurants but only for lunch - I think he's too young to go for dinner (3.5) and when we all go out to those restaurants at night ( like for DH birthday) the booking was for. 7.30pm and we left at midnight because you want to take your time and enjoy it - definitely not appropriate. ( or fair) on kids to stay out that late which is why we don't invite them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    We took ds to a fancy restaurant for dh's & my birthdays. We had a lovely time, ds didnt cry at all and the manager of the restaurant had a great time getting ds to smile. There were also two other babies there at the same time as us. So fancy restaurants dont automatically mean no kids. Actually we went to the same restaurant for my mums 60th and my brother bought his 3 kids a long. We wouldnt have expected anything else.

I wouldnt get offended by my kids not being invited to events but i would be upset & disappointed that it would mean i couldnt go. I dont even go to events without my dh unless it is a hens night or baby shower! Actually dh did tag along to the end of a hens night i went to once. My sils 30th is this year...it will be big with lots of alcohol for those drinking but will also be kid friendly as half a dozen people in her friends & family have had kids this year including my sil. Great opportunity for the entire family to catch up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think babies are different to kids. Your brother has better behaved children than I do! I took my babies to heaps of places, but they were restrained and cooed at the waiters. My 3 kids would definitely ruin the romantic evening of the other diners! Lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not all the time. I've been invited to special events
    where the kids haven't been invited. I respect the peoples' wishes and it doesn't bother me coz it's good to get a day/night out.. The only time when I was still breast feeding my eldest when she was only a month old but they didn't mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    I think babies are different to kids. Your brother has better behaved children than I do! I took my babies to heaps of places, but they were restrained and cooed at the waiters. My 3 kids would definitely ruin the romantic evening of the other diners! Lol.
    My kids would probably be ok, but I try and avoid taking them places where they will be bored sh1tless sitting around for hours with not much to do. I think it's really unfair on them.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So do people just not go to their work or their husband/partners work Christmas parties unless they are family friendly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    So do people just not go to their work or their husband/partners work Christmas parties unless they are family friendly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Our work Christmas parties are never family friendly

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (21-07-2014),sky1  (21-07-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (21-07-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Just got an invite to a family event on a saturday evening - cocktail attire etc - that includes ds.

I've never been to a work Christmas party but my uni Christmas parties have been family friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Going to a bday at a very posh establishment this Saturday. It's not explicitly been said "no kids" but you'd have to be mad to take them in my opinion. Full cocktail function, late evening drinks/finger food and dancing. We don't usually have access to babysitters for evening do's so for us it usually means one of us stays home. We just happen to have found someone on this occasion. Yippee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TBH, I'm one of the mean people who wouldn't invite kids. That includes my own, who didn't attend my wedding and won't be attending DH's 30th. I just don't find adult events fun with kids present.

Something things are for adults to enjoy, something are for families to enjoy and something are for kids to enjoy. The idea of everything always being fused together does my head in.

So, I'd be ok with DD not being invited things. I've attended wedding without DH so he could look after DD in a pinch and I've not attended weddings because there was no one to look after DD. Not an issue.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (22-07-2014),MsViking  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a kid free wedding. I would have expected any newborn babies but I didn't want any little rug rats running around!!
    Now I have children I would only expect them to be invited to immediate families weddings and I would get a baby sitter for the reception as I would want to relax not chase my kids around.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (21-07-2014)