+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is what you should do Stop the chocolate, get a hugabub (I had a sling and just couldn't get it right), download some Grey's anatomy and take it easy! P.s. Dark chocolate was worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiemum View Post
    This is what you should do Stop the chocolate, get a hugabub (I had a sling and just couldn't get it right), download some Grey's anatomy and take it easy! P.s. Dark chocolate was worse.
    I started out with a hug a bub it was great you can sit while wearing it and have your arms free.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thirding the hugabub!
    My dd is 8 weeks old, and when I started using the hugabub (and got confident with it) it was really liberating!
    She really only likes to be with me, I've never successfully got her to sleep in a bassinette, but she loves the hugabub (although she didn't to start with. I watched the DVD a few times to master how to put it on, and once I felt more confident she liked it more too). I put her in first thing in the morning and do a few easy jobs that I can do with one hand cos she likes to rest her head in my other hand while she's winding down.
    I've also found this last week that I was able to put her in her little bouncer chair while I eat. I sit on the floor with her and talk to her, but at least I'm eating from a plate with a knife and fork (rather than from a bowl with a spoon while I feed her and try to distract her!!)
    I'm a first time mum and she's 8 weeks so really I have no idea what I'm doing, but I thought I'd share in case it helps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a hug a bub is the way to go. I will give it try. I tried the baby bjorn this morning but he didn't like it.
    He slept better last night, I kept him upright for a while after his feed for the reflux. He is a happier boy today, I got a few big smiles this morning. Also I was reading about cues last night, I thought he was rubbing his face into my chest as he was hungry but it means he is tired. So instead of feeding him again (overfeeding and making his reflux worse) I let him keep rubbing and shushed him and he fell off to sleep pretty quickly and stayed asleep after I transferred him into his bassinet.
    That's good to know about dark chocolate, I thought it would be different so I was going to try it but seeing my boy so distressed is not worth it. I will have to find something else to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the wrapping part of the hug a bub looks scary there is one called a close caboo that is a stretchy wrap but involves less wrapping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just tiny warning the baby bjorns arent actually that good for their hips and most babies and parents don't find them very comfortable. Best structured carrier I've used is a Tula it's ergonomic keeps the legs in an M position that is good for bubs spine and hip development. I only just found out about all this stuff with DS being my fourth.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 =

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    If the wrapping part of the hug a bub looks scary there is one called a close caboo that is a stretchy wrap but involves less wrapping.
    Yeah, it took me a while to get it right, and dd to get used to it. I found it worth persevering though. She won't settle in her pushchair but she goes off really quickly if I take her out in huggie.

We also have a Manduca, but I haven't been able to use it yet. She's the right weight but she's tall and thin and doesn't seem to fill it out right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How you going Poppyloppy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Thanks for asking. I am doing alot better. I took DS to the gp who felt that he has mild reflux but thinks his big problem is his wind so encouraged me to burp him really well. He also reassured me that it's normal for such a young bub to be clingy and not sleep through the night.
    So Ds has been burped until he can burp no more lol and he is like a different baby today. Smiling and babbling away and while he still gets wind pains he isn't screaming the house down. He had an hr and a half nap this morning!
    I have also been getting up for a shower and breakfast before dh goes to work so at least I feel somewhat human and we can get out of the house.
    The dr was really reassuring and I feel alot more confident to trust my instincts

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app