+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD does this everytime she's teething. The things that work for us are giving panadol 10/15mins before a feed then starting on the unwanted side (so she's hungrier) or football hold. I bought one of the feeding pillows that twin mummies use (so it's huge and goes all the way around me) for the football hold and its much easier!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just a thought but maybe he could have a little blocked nose on one side and when trying to feed he can't breathe easily?
    I know I can only sleep on one side or I almost suffocate (sinus issues while pregnant) it just came to mind when I read your post there.
    Maybe a different position like others have suggested, so he's lying in the same way as the side he likes to feed on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    Just bear in mind that GP's are not experts in BF'ing - my last GP didn't know what a vasospasm is. Is there a UK equivalent of ABA?
    I meant go to GP to check his ear

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    My DD does this everytime she's teething. The things that work for us are giving panadol 10/15mins before a feed then starting on the unwanted side (so she's hungrier) or football hold. I bought one of the feeding pillows that twin mummies use (so it's huge and goes all the way around me) for the football hold and its much easier!
    This is what I thought. Last time his teeth bothered him he pulled his ear heaps and GP ruled out ear infection. I'll check again just to be sure as I'd hate to just assume it's teeth.

No stuffy nose, summer here so not cold season (not saying you can't get a cold in summer but you know what I mean!).

There are a couple breastfeeding support sites I can contact. Just thought is get everyone's thoughts on here. He fed fine on it overnight.