+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing as my hubby is also a tradie who is starting a new job tomorrow so I also need some inspiration!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was doing home visits I basically had to pack a lunch that would sit in my cooler bag in a car most of the day. I would take cheese and jatz, mixed nuts, carrot/celery sticks (with dip if i was feeling adventurous), salad with chicken (you can buy frozen roast chicken pieces ingham I think) - the chicken would go into a container frozen and i would just add it to my salad at lunch, fruit like grapes mostly, yoghurt (I would buy a big tub and just portion some into a small container each day). I often found that I was quite full by the end of the day as I tended to try to pack things I could snack on while I was driving around. If you bought a thermos as a pp mentioned you could also send him with some hot soup (although this would require heating soup up in the morning first). I've often also taken leftover spaghetti bolognaise and eaten that cold. It's not that bad really. (Just make sure your sauce is more on the saucy side so there's still moisture and it's not so much dried out pasta and dried mince).

Not sure what your husbands situation is like, but I had to pack things where I could easily bring rubbish home with me or use containers I could bring home and wash as I didn't have access to a bin until I got back at the end of the day. Things like tins of tuna/yoghurt tubs/banana peels etc would have stunk out the work car after being in a hot car all day, even in the middle of winter the car got hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coming back to this, thankyou for your ideas! I bought a mini cooler bag and I've been sending him with frozen pieces of home are banana bread, hard boiled eggs in shells, celery sticks, a whole carrot (he likes them like this!), various fruit. I've made pizza scrolls and he's taken a couple of those and makes himself a sandwich everyday with either ham or chicken, and salad.
    I'm going to try making a zucchini slice this week as per the above suggestion (if I can find zucchini in the supermarket!) and either savoury muffins or mini quiches in wrap bread cups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zucchini slice was a hit, and I made chocolate chip and chickpea cookies as well. They freeze well and he couldn't tell they were based on chickpeas! No flour, egg, milk etc