+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Weddings really bring out the nastiness in people. I find it sad that people exclude children they are related to from weddings. Kids make life fun, theres nothing I love more than watching the kids break it down on the dance floor! Great memories. Each to their own.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is actually one of my favorite memories from my wedding. My nieces were my flower girls, they requested a song with the dj and did a little performance for dh and I. It was so gorgeous, I couldn't have imagined having my wedding any other way

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (14-07-2014),Mokeybear  (14-07-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-07-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Having three nieces there is hardly having 60 kids at the wedding. If they could make an exception for the 8 yr old why wouldn't they do that for the grooms sister who lives out of state?

Why is the OP expected to get over it?

Its close family. Its not a distant cousin, its his sister!

*puzzled*

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (14-07-2014),cheekychook  (14-07-2014),Chippa  (14-07-2014),delirium  (14-07-2014),ExcuseMyFrench  (14-07-2014),GlitterFarts  (14-07-2014),misho  (14-07-2014),Mokeybear  (14-07-2014),MummaOJ  (14-07-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-07-2014),snowqu33n  (14-07-2014),thepouts  (14-07-2014),zooey  (14-07-2014),~Marigold~  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Having three nieces there is hardly having 60 kids at the wedding. If they could make an exception for the 8 yr old why wouldn't they do that for the grooms sister who lives out of state?

*puzzled*
    Maybe OP's children arent as well behaved as she thinks they are? Maybe they cant actualyl afford the extras.. what happens if they make an exception for ops 3 kids and that means they have to do it for others as well.. you just dont know the whole story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it's a case of they can't afford it, I'd be taking 3 guests off the lists to include my nieces. OP - if I were you I'd be doing something else instead on the day with the kids for sure.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (14-07-2014),Chippa  (14-07-2014),misho  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear this has upset you.

I have been on the other side of this. I forgot to ask my SIL to be my bridesmaid and she stopped speaking to me for years. YEARS.
    Honestly, I'm not one of those people that find that kind of stuff important, and maybe your future SIL doesn't.

My SIL and I are now pretty close, it took us 10 years to bounce back from that wedding (i'm now divorced).

I can understand it may sting now but, is it worth getting this furious over a situation?

Oh and PS: It was also a childless wedding. We had a couple of breast fed babies though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post

*puzzled*
    Could not agree more with this!!! Purposely excluding your sister's children is very hurtful. It's not like they have to invite every kid of every guest. I'm with you OP I'd be p!ssed as well.

This thread makes me glad we got married young (I was 23) and the issue of inviting kids was irrelevant as most of our friends had no kids and I was one of the first in my family to marry. It would be different now as my cousins have got about a thousand kids between us all but I would never dream of not including my nieces and nephews.

IMO the overblown carry on about weddings is STUPID!!!!

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    Maybe OP's children arent as well behaved as she thinks they are? Maybe they cant actualyl afford the extras.. what happens if they make an exception for ops 3 kids and that means they have to do it for others as well.. you just dont know the whole story
    I invited family kids, didn't invite friends kids. Everyone understood that family kids were an exception. They are family after all.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (14-07-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    Like I said earlier my parents are contributing a large amount of $$$ so money is not an issue. Not sure what you are insinuating about my children's behaviour I don't have rose coloured goggles. They are generally good kids and do have their moments but they are not monsters And we are not the type of parents who let their children run wild. We are big on manners and discipline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a child-free wedding. The family kids came to the ceremony, but weren't invited to the reception. Honestly, the oldest was around 5 and there were 13 others younger than that. I loved it when our niece ran up to in front of us saying our vows and threw her dress up over her head it was hilarious! As far as we were concerned, the ceremony is the important part and we wanted all the family there for that. The reception is an adult party. I didn't have the kids at my 30th either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    Sorry to hear this has upset you.

I have been on the other side of this. I forgot to ask my SIL to be my bridesmaid and she stopped speaking to me for years. YEARS.
    Honestly, I'm not one of those people that find that kind of stuff important, and maybe your future SIL doesn't.

My SIL and I are now pretty close, it took us 10 years to bounce back from that wedding (i'm now divorced).

I can understand it may sting now but, is it worth getting this furious over a situation?

Oh and PS: It was also a childless wedding. We had a couple of breast fed babies though.
    Future SIL was my bridesmaid earlier this year. A. I offended I am not her bridesmaid? No not at all. I am actually a little relieved.

These type of things are important to her. As previously posted she was not invited to a cousins wedding last year. She went and cried to her grandmother about how upset she was and low and behold she was added to the guest list. She managed to get herself a pity invite.