+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mistral 8 in 1 Ultimate Kitchen Machine

Does anyone have one?

BigW has them on sale. They look like they do similar things to the TMX, plus they have the digital scales which really appeal to me. It seems like it has similar specs to the TMX.

I have been to a TMX demo and want one, but not enough to pay 2k for it. I would probably use it most as a high powered food processor and maybe some cooking so the 2k is too much. But a couple of hundred I could do.

Any feedback?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Siaye  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am interested too. I would need 2 to feed my family add one that rules out tmx.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm curious too. A quick look and it only has a 2l bowl like the TMX. It seems like a traditional food processor, where you have to switch the blades for chopping/stirring but with more speed variations and the ability to cook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did not realise you have to change the blades. I wonder if you can still do the `one pot' type stuff like the TMX. (i.e. soups).

There are very few reviews on it I could find, maybe it is reasonably new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one on Friday used it once so far to cook a stir fry/curry and it turned into mush I'm hoping it's just me! You can supposedly modify thermomix recipes to suit it too. Would love to hear how other people went with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmie View Post
    I bought one on Friday used it once so far to cook a stir fry/curry and it turned into mush I'm hoping it's just me! You can supposedly modify thermomix recipes to suit it too. Would love to hear how other people went with it!
    Good news! It was probably just you. I have a thermomix and have turned a whole heap of meals in to mush (aka purée). Once you learn how it works I am sure you will be fine . It just takes some time getting used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a mistral a couple of days ago, so far I've had fun experimenting with it, I will have a proper play on the weekend. =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing target also has a bellini version that was on sale for $299 a couple of weeks back. I think it is also a rip off tmx but id never spend 2k!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the target version and it works great. It also has the two blades cause it doesn't have the reverse function of the tmx, I think it's based on the previous version.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking at getting the Ultimate Kitchen Machine also. Was looking online for a comparison and found this review from someone who has a tmx and tried the UKM
    http://www.boiledeggsandsoldiers.com...ith-thermomix/