+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameuser View Post
    are you the middle child?
    No actually I am the oldest. Not sure what that has to do with anything though?

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not petty at all! If I was you I would consider cutting contact with them but it makes it hard with your younger half sister.

Argh I want to slap your parents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duck View Post
    Not petty at all! If I was you I would consider cutting contact with them but it makes it hard with your younger half sister.

Argh I want to slap your parents!
    As I said, my mum, step dad and I now have a wonderful relationship, I am very close to them. They no longer mention my step sisters unless I ask about them first which doesnt happen lol

Embrace the chaos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Daisy Duck  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You poor thing... By any chance is your step dad the one that earns the money and not your mum? If so is it possible the decisions are made by your step dad and your mum feels she has to go along?
    Regardless you are being treated unfairly.

On a positive note good onya for standing up and working hard after your split from your ex. Studying with kids would be bloody hard! You are setting an awesome example for your kiddos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You poor thing... By any chance is your step dad the one that earns the money and not your mum? If so is it possible the decisions are made by your step dad and your mum feels she has to go along?
    Regardless you are being treated unfairly.

On a positive note good onya for standing up and working hard after your split from your ex. Studying with kids would be bloody hard! You are setting an awesome example for your kiddos.
    On and off- they own their own business and my mum stopped working in the office when they lost a lot of contracts due to the mining downturn and had absolutely no control over the finances. Now its picked up again she is back working full time. I have no doubt that at least some of the time in the past what you said has been the case, but I know now its not. Like I said, as an adult I can put my big girl panties on and get over it but I know its not like that for my half sister (she is 16 and we are very close). I think that part upsets me more than anything really. She doesnt have the life experience or maturity to understand why they do these things and its left her feeling unloved and unwanted (her exact words). And she was furious when she found out about the help step sister is getting. Poor kid let rip at mum and step dad (her bio dad), and of course they absolutely crucified her for it. She doesnt think she did anything wrong (and neither do I tbh). She doesnt understand why they are treated so differently to her and me.

As for my ex... he is now my husband lol. The separation was when dd1 was 12 months old and we decided to give things another go after being separated 12 months

Embrace the chaos
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 13-07-2014 at 13:56.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you mum and step dad are on their way to losing your 16 year old sis one day. Sounds like she'll get fed up and they wont hear from her anymore! Which will be their own fault and doing.

I think its a very unfair situation indeed.... you seem to be dealing with it very maturely though. More mature than I would, knowing me id probably just tell them all to get stuffed!

Good for you for handling it so well! Maybe warn them how they're making your 16 year old sis feel? Or it sounds like they will lash out at you for it... geeze. Strange behavior from them I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't sound petty at all, I would be very hurt as well. But well done to you for standing on your own two feet and achieving what you have achieved without help from anyway, thats an awesome example you have set for your children.

Thanks
    Reviews

It all sounds quite awful and unfair, I'm so sorry to hear you and your half sister have to go through it all!

As you and PP have said, it certainly will make you a stronger person of better character to have had to make it on your own, well done for being able to!!

I can't fathom treating children so unequally, irrespective of the blended make up of a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post
    Sounds like you mum and step dad are on their way to losing your 16 year old sis one day. Sounds like she'll get fed up and they wont hear from her anymore! Which will be their own fault and doing.

I think its a very unfair situation indeed.... you seem to be dealing with it very maturely though. More mature than I would, knowing me id probably just tell them all to get stuffed!

Good for you for handling it so well! Maybe warn them how they're making your 16 year old sis feel? Or it sounds like they will lash out at you for it... geeze. Strange behavior from them I think.
    Its part of the reason we are moving back to be closer to them (although I haven't told anyone that, not even dh). When we lived in the same town previously, my house was like a safe house for my sister, if things went to **** at mums she knew she could come to me. She knew I would tell mum she was with me but she had that space and mum knew at least she was safe. Then we moved away and on more than one occasion she has gone missing for 24-48 hours. She is my baby sister and one of my best friends and I need and want to be there for her, especially when she feels nobody else is.

We have both tried talking to them about it but they don't want to listen or accept what we say and I don't think it ever will tbh.

My grandad (mums dad) and I have talked about it quite a lot. He truely believes mum is jealous of me and thats why she treats me so different, and my sister is a very similar personality and he thinks it may be the case with her as well to an extent.

Embrace the chaos
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 21-07-2014 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is such a horrible thing to have happen. I can't believe they could treat you like this