+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My first, I mix fed (one bottle of formula, the rest breastfeeds) from three until 10 months when she weaned.

My third was prem and tube fed EBM and then tube/bottlefed EBM from birth until I managed to get him on some breastfeeds at two months. We mix fed EBM bottles and breastfeeds until he was four months and he got the boob thing happening.

It's definitely possible but a few tips I have are looking at a bottle/teat that mimics breastfeeding and makes them work, so it was Medela Calma a couple of years ago with my third but this may have changed. The other thing you might like to look at is a using a supply line - https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/sns.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Can I ask how long this disatisfation with breastfeds has been happening? Babies go through a pretty pronounced growth/feeding spurt at around 6 weeks and it last for a few days. And it is normal to question your supply at that stage because they just feed and feed and feed.
    From the start. Just never got enough milk through. I've been seeing a lactation consultant weekly. She started me on a supply line and suggested formula until I could get enough milk. She did hint that I might not be able to, though. The child health nurse that made the comment of topic was a different person.
    It's good to hear a few ppl succeeded at mixed feeding for so long. Bf is such a comfort to my boy at times in a way the bottle can't be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My first, I mix fed (one bottle of formula, the rest breastfeeds) from three until 10 months when she weaned.

My third was prem and tube fed EBM and then tube/bottlefed EBM from birth until I managed to get him on some breastfeeds at two months. We mix fed EBM bottles and breastfeeds until he was four months and he got the boob thing happening.

It's definitely possible but a few tips I have are looking at a bottle/teat that mimics breastfeeding and makes them work, so it was Medela Calma a couple of years ago with my third but this may have changed. The other thing you might like to look at is a using a supply line - https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/sns.html
    I bought a medela electric pump and the bottle it came with suits my boy so well. Thinking of selling on all my agents to replace them with medelas. I tried a supply line for about 2 weeks but stopped because it was causing so much frustration and in the middle of the night it's the last thing you want. In the end, I'd let him latch poorly if he simply had the line and nipple in his mouth. Ditched it and went to a bottle.