+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Aww thank you Chippa
    I'm starting to get a little excited, now that I've passed the dates I made it to last time
    Time has whizzed by though, you'll be due very soon. I can't believe that

Hi Legeyt
    I've been reading along in the Feb 2015 thread thinking I'd join when I felt more confident in this pregnancy.
    I thought I'd be due Feb 3rd, then 1st and then at the last scan I got an EDD of Jan 31st hehe.
    Ah well.
    I wonder if I told them at the blood collection office that is as having the scan on Wednesday ,would they push it through. It should get there on time anyway but just in case?
    It's either that or change the appointment date to Thursday if I can.
    I really don't want to go for bloods on Friday and wait til Wednesday afternoon for the scan, I just think that's a bit too long going on some advice give to others.
    That's great you've made it further than last time. I'll be crossing everything for you that this is your take home bubba.

Yep time sure is flying! I'm 32 weeks today and booked in for my c section on the 2nd September. Then I'll be a mum of 3 boys argh!!!!!

Look after yourself ok xx

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Phony  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh lovely!
    If this little nugget is a boy then it's three for me too
    It would be crazy but soooo cool too

Just remember when the testosterone gets too much, you have a free pass to go get some girly time with a good friend or family member.
    a night off at least every couple of months to recharge
    I have it all worked out in my head, poor mammy might need time outs! Hehe
    Wishing you all the very best Chippa, and may you & your little boy have a wonderful, stress free birth Take care of yourself

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Oh lovely!
    If this little nugget is a boy then it's three for me too
    It would be crazy but soooo cool too

Just remember when the testosterone gets too much, you have a free pass to go get some girly time with a good friend or family member.
    a night off at least every couple of months to recharge
    I have it all worked out in my head, poor mammy might need time outs! Hehe
    Wishing you all the very best Chippa, and may you & your little boy have a wonderful, stress free birth Take care of yourself
    Haha I will remember that for sure! DH is a mad motorbike rider and my two older boys are already crazy into it as well so I think that's the perfect excuse for me time!!!!

Thank you for your kind thoughts Phony it is greatly appreciated xxx

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Phony  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were just looked at after the scan was done, maybe 2 days later. They don't need the bt results in front of them to work it out
    Last edited by Kazza78; 14-07-2014 at 11:58.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Mine were just looked at after the scan was done, maybe 2 days later. They don't need the bt results in front of them to work it out
    This.
    Your care provider will give you the run down- not the techs doing your scan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sevenseas For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    This.
    This as well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    This.

Not for me. My gp ordered the scan for me, I hadn't yet seen the hospital midwives where I will give birth, and I had the bt at almost 11 weeks and he nt scan at 12w 1d.
    To my surprise the scan tech gave me my results right after she finished the scan. I didn't even go back to the gp about it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Not for me. My gp ordered the scan for me, I hadn't yet seen the hospital midwives where I will give birth, and I had the bt at almost 11 weeks and he nt scan at 12w 1d.
    To my surprise the scan tech gave me my results right after she finished the scan. I didn't even go back to the gp about it.
    The last time I had a NT test I remember that happening too. This was 10 years ago. I guess I'll see in a few weeks what happens this time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I haven't booked in with a hospital yet and to be honest, I'd rather get the results from the technician than my doctor who seems to mess these tings up all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, don't know if you're still interested in the reasons why different places give conflicting time frames for having the tests done but here is an excerpt from an article written by the guy that 'discovered/designed' the NT scan.
    Essentially it says it's more accurate to have bloods at 10wks and he scan at 12-13 but it makes it easier for collating results and giving a quick answer to do it all on the one day. Hope that helps

Timing of ultrasound and blood testing within the first trimester
    One option in first-trimester combined screening for trisomy 21 is to perform biochemical and ultrasonographic testing as well as to counsel women in one-stop clinics for assessment of risk (OSCAR) (Bindra et al., 2002; Spencer et al., 2000d). This has been made possible by the introduction of biochemical analyzers which provide automated, precise and reproducible measurements within 30 min of obtaining a blood sample. The ideal gestation for OSCAR is 12 weeks because the aim of the first-trimester scan is not just to screen for trisomy 21 but also to diagnose an increasing number of fetal malformations, and in this respect the ability to visualize fetal anatomy is best at 12 weeks. The detection rate of trisomy 21 with OSCAR at 12 weeks is about 90% at a false-positive rate of 5%.

An alternative strategy for first-trimester combined screening is for biochemical testing and ultrasound scanning to be carried out in two separate visits, with the first done at 9 to 10 weeks and the second at 12 weeks. It has been estimated that this approach would improve the detection rate from 90% to 93 to 94%.

A third option would be to perform the scan at 12 weeks and optimize the performance of biochemical testing by measuring PAPP-A at 9 weeks and free β-hCG at the time of the scan at 12 weeks or even later with an estimated detection rate of 95%.

http://www.fetalmedicine.com/synced/...euploidies.pdf