Hi all

It's been a few years since I've posted but have still been popping in to read lots of information. I'm 16 weeks pregnant with baby no. 2 and had a Shirodkar cerclage put in at 14 weeks. My situation is a little unique because with my DS it was discovered that my cervix was funnelling at 24 weeks. I was admitted to hospital and put on bed rest and my cervix remained stable and I ended up going full term. This time around we have decided to go private and my ob said that the cervix can get a little weaker with each pregnancy and I may not be so lucky this time with just rest. He recommended a cerclage and we went ahead the other week. I don't have a scan until 20 weeks and I'm a little anxious to wait so long. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who had a similar story to mine and what your experience was. Thanks very much