+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    You will be lifted up, cleaned under and around and placed back down in the hours before you can get up by yourself.

Your post partum bleeding could be as much as for VB. Some people find less but I had 6 & 8 weeks.

The best description I've heard of what the surgery feels like is someone doing dishes in your stomach. For my 2nd it felt like lots of pushing on my lungs from below but that was just because that's where my feeling started.

They might put these massage machines on your calves to prevent clots. I didn't have it with my 1st but did with my 2nd but they'd put it on while I was numb so hand no idea until I got feeling back and felt my calves pulsing.

A midwife may need to (not really but sort of) climb up onto you to push the baby out from above while the OB pulls baby out below. They may need to use forceps to get the baby out of your pelvis.

If your waters haven't broken you'll hear a big slurping sound when they open you up as they suck out the fluid - like at the dentist!
    OMG ?! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    I had a emergency c-section first time and my midwife warned me sex may still be painful even though I didn't deliver vaginally. She was right! At 6weeks (1st time after delivery) I was quite sore. That doesn't seem to have been mentioned!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yep, everything 'down there' was really tight! Lol apparently its those lovely hormones that you get post birth - they help to tighten everything up (regardless of the type of birth) which can make it even tighter after a c section when there has been no stretch. Apparently according to dh it doesnt last long! Hahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    OMG ?! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Well you wanted the things they don't put in the pamphlet!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had mine last week (1 week old today!), so I can't speak to the long term stuff but:
    - I was squicked out by the idea of photos but said yes to the nurse who asked if I would like them. I'm glad I did, it was amazing to look at, there is one where they have everything but her head out (breech) so there this little body sticking out from my abdomen, it's very cool.
    - My pain was really good, took all my meds in hospital but kept forgetting them when I got home because I really had no pain. I have to keep reminding myself to rest because I don't feel it. Having said that, I noticed a bit of increased pain on my right side a couple of days ago then some weeping started yesterday. Got a doctor out to check it, and it's a bit infected . They put me straight on antibiotics, I'm glad I got on top of it as soon as I noticed it.
    - I had a lot of blood loss so, even though it was my hospital's policy, they wouldn't let me hold her straight afterwards. I was a bit annoyed because they just told me I was a bit too shaky to hold her even though I wasn't shaky at all. They were being nice and trying not to freak me out when I didn't need to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c section not long ago after a vaginal birth with DD. I found DEGAS to help tremendously. I was on iron tabs as well as just generally gassy after. I found the gas pains the worst part of the entire process, so have some on hand just in case.
    Pads on the incision were really good too.

Also, not so much as a tip, but I thought a csection meant I'd retain a little more dignity than I did with my VB, but be prepared for the first couple of days to have the nurses check you downstairs for blood losses, (they'll check the pad) and for the first 3-4 days, I had to have DH come and pull my undies up after I showered, and sometimes help pick them up off the floor, with a used pad on them. He wasn't a fan of buying me pads before then - now he doesn't bat an eye!

I found my csection to be a much better experience overall, and besides a few twinges here and there, and the residual SPD I still have, I feel almost 100% back to normal just over 2 months on x