Closed Thread
Page 93 of 161 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladybug14,

Yes - we are sooo happy with the results!

If the pregnancy is indicated as twins on the form then verifi test will try to separate them in the results but it's not guaranteed that they can. You won't necessarily get a false positive from the second sac - there needs to be a chromosonal abnormality/ microdeletion that verifi detects, and although that is likely with the second sac it may not be the case.

We wanted to do a non-invasive test rather than go straight to CVS/ amnio because for me at 43 yo there is no point to a risk assessment (with or without bloods) as my age skews everything to bad. My age gives a downs risk of 1:30! You'll probably find it difficult to find a dr/ OB agree to an invasive test like CVS/ amnio without good justification like high risk assessment from age, previous pregnancy or family medical history.

Best of Luck!
    HIA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HavingitAll For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Well I'm 11 weeks today and just counting the minutes until I get the Harmony results back, sometime end of next week.

Been pretty tired and seriously cranky yesterday - thanks progesterone. Poor DH really copped it when he got home from work. Still struggling to eat properly so I'm really looking forward to getting out of the first trimester and being able to be a bit healthier 😳

I just really hope everything is ok with the Harmony.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (23-10-2014),ladybug14  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing is really conclusive in any of the studies I've read @Grace1 but definitely have a read. It's really interesting. We didn't do the verifi test in the end as I'm 27 & our NT results came back great (so DH said he didn't think we needed to do verifi) so we are still waiting to find out what we are having. Not long to go. Wonder if I may have the girl amongst all the little masters expected so far ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HavingitAll thats great news, you must be soooo relieved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

HavingitAll  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BabyOB are you going to see if you can find out the sex at your 18-20 week scan or are you going to wait for the suprise?

I hope everyone else is well, I've been sick with a headcold and now (thanks to my dds) I have an upset tum and the runs! Revolving door of illness at the moment. At least the ms seems to have eased up.

Had an ob appt and got to see bub again. Everything looks fine, next hurdle to 20w scan. I got some info on placenta encapsulation while I was there and am going to give it a try this time. Anything that can help healing faster, minimise pp blood loss, boost breast milk priduction and replace iron and nutrients I'm up for! My DH on the other hand thinks its disgusting!

How are you going @Soques? Are you enjoying reading all the calm birth info?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @KitiK, DH wants to know so I have to follow his lead. I considered the surprise but it's not to be. I think my scan will be around 17wks prior to my next Obs appt so not too long to wait. Sorry to hear you have been sick

PS. I agree with your hubby ;-) lol. But it's a great idea if you can handle it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK I'm feeling the same way ATM except I don't have a head cold but the last 2 days had and upset tummy and the runs suppose it makes up for the lack of ms I had. Must be some virus have no temp and bp good but gp checking for uti! Go figure!

15 weeks today and the belly is getting huge. Only 3 weeks and 5 days till I find out if I'm having girl/girl 👭 boy/boy 👬 or girl/boy 👫. So can't wait 😊

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

akakura  (24-10-2014),BettyW  (23-10-2014),KitiK  (23-10-2014),sarahf  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @BabyOB are you going to see if you can find out the sex at your 18-20 week scan or are you going to wait for the suprise?

I hope everyone else is well, I've been sick with a headcold and now (thanks to my dds) I have an upset tum and the runs! Revolving door of illness at the moment. At least the ms seems to have eased up.

Had an ob appt and got to see bub again. Everything looks fine, next hurdle to 20w scan. I got some info on placenta encapsulation while I was there and am going to give it a try this time. Anything that can help healing faster, minimise pp blood loss, boost breast milk priduction and replace iron and nutrients I'm up for! My DH on the other hand thinks its disgusting!

How are you going @Soques? Are you enjoying reading all the calm birth info?
    I did placenta encapsulation for my first preg so I can't compare it to not doing but I healed very well and had no supply issues. The capsules taste gross best to take them before food or they can repeat on u 😯 if ur in Melb I can recommend my friend who's also a nurse and does the placenta preparation etc

16. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so after watching midwives last night on abc. And crying the whole way through. I think I need to do calm birthing classes and to not watch that show again😣😣😣😣

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been watching One Born Every Minute @sarahf. Whilst sometimes little horrified, I'm excited to what our birth will be like. I cried watching last night's episode. Damn hormones ;-)