Closed Thread
Page 90 of 161 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The NT scan usually has a physiological component as well - they check to make sure blood is flowing in the right direction, that the limbs are measuring ok etcetc - while the trisomy component might be 'doubling up', I think it's still worth doing both. (Course the full morph scan is at 20 weeks but they can often give a 'heads up' at 12.)
    Yep totally agree its worth doing both - at the NT scan they check for physical characteristics that can point to genetic/chromosonal issues ie: absence of a nasal bone is a marker for downs syndrome, as is a large nuchal measurement etc. They use this info to calculate a risk profile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies do you get different types of cramping? Mine is usually like electric shocks on left or right but today it's been more like all over period cramps. Immune Dr has got me on bed rest now because of the bleeding/clot. Too much time to think!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies do you get different types of cramping? Mine is usually like electric shocks on left or right but today it's been more like all over period cramps. Immune Dr has got me on bed rest now because of the bleeding/clot. Too much time to think!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Yikes that sounds awful. Continuing my theme of not getting any of the symptoms anyone normally gets (and consequently freaking out about it) I've got no advice - I don't get any cramps at all, never even had cramps with my stage IV/V endo...

What does your doc say about cramping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal, I can imagine the no symptoms would worry you. If it makes you feel any better I've still stressed non stop even with symptoms! I think this whole ivf/previous losses etc just has us keyed up to stress about everything. If only we could sleep the 9 months away!

Haven't been able to speak to Dr yet, just got the instruction to go on bed rest from his secretary/nurse. I go back for another ultrasound Thurs and we'll take it from there.

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (20-10-2014),Happyma  (22-10-2014),KitiK  (20-10-2014),ladybug14  (20-10-2014),ScubaGal  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats Shell'80!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    @HavingitAll those results must be so stressful. All the best for your cvs.

Question ladies - for those getting harmony/verifi tests done - are you also getting the combined NT scan/blood test ?
    I was going to get both done but the genetic counsellor said the harmony is superior to the combined test and it's unnecessary to get both. She said if the results from the combined NT come in at high risk and the harmony are low risk - that it's going to cause me unnecessary stress. Now I'm confused. I thought getting more tests would be better for peace of mind but now I'm unsure. What's everyone else doing?

The NT scan is necessary - a harmony/ verifi blood test can't tell you that there is a good heartbeat or any structural information. A thick nuchal fold can indicate other problems which the harmony/ verifi tests can't detect. The blood test combined with the nuchal scan has no value after a harmony/ verifi test as the harmony/ verifi test is superior. For me at 43, the combination result will almost always produce a horrible estimated risk as age is a key factor.

My nuchal scan and CVS today went well. Bub wriggled plenty and appears right on track for size and development in so far as can be seen at almost 12 weeks. Now just waiting on chromosome results and hoping that the trisomy 18 affected the vanishing twin, not the ongoing pregnancy.

BTW - CVS was quite unconfortable as the very long needle went in but it didn't reach painful and I didn't need any paracetamol yet either. It was great to watch on the screen!

Thanks so much for the well wishing gals!

HIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, just checking back in after our trip on the road. Will have to have a big read through the news.

OB appt this arvy. Why do I always get anxious before it. Any other normal day, I'm fine, know bub is healthy etc. but always on the day of appt. it gets me.

Hope everyone is doing ok ☺️

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Hi guys, just checking back in after our trip on the road. Will have to have a big read through the news.

OB appt this arvy. Why do I always get anxious before it. Any other normal day, I'm fine, know bub is healthy etc. but always on the day of appt. it gets me.

Hope everyone is doing ok ☺️
    Me too! Can feel some really big kicks, but still nervous about OB appt this afternoon! Guess that's why Pebble is so active, picking up on my anxiety!