Closed Thread
Page 71 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hey @Crazycat welcome aboard! When's your due date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @ScubaGal due date is 29th April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BettyW yea I had the verifi done... As I am over 35 just wanted to make sure everything was go and also wanted to know the sex way before the gender scan... I too also had the other scan KitiK was talking about... But I didn't have the blood work that went with it as ob said didn't need it as the verifi is much more accurate.

Just put my mind at ease as my sister had one of her twins with the t18 condition that only survived 45 mins.

Also welcome crazycat

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Who did/ is doing the harmony or other NIPT test and who has decided not to? What were your reasons? I'm trying to decide at the moment.
    Hi,
    We decided not to do any extra testing. The 12 w results were all excellent for my age (37 1/2), and once we got to that stage I realised that the results of any further testing would not change what I did. THis is our first and whatever will be will be. (I don't already have two little ones to consider like PP, and totally support your position as well, not trying to take any moral high ground).

Originally I thought at my age I would take all extra tests etc, whatever the cost.

Good luck with your decision, definitely a personal one.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-10-2014),KitiK  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, at first I thought I would definitely do it but then I realised that was mostly for the gender thing because in truth I'm not worried we would have poor trisomy results (naive of me as I'm 35 and I know these things can and do happen). But then I started thinking oh, it's $500 I don't need to spend and you'll find out the gender soon enough..

But *then* I was talking to DH this morning and he pointed out that we're already less "invested" (read - freaking out over everything!) with this baby than we were with our DS, and I thought well yeah, if I was offered this test with DS I'd have taken it in a second. So we have decided to do it, I'm booked in for Friday. The place I go to does a scan too so I get to see the heartbeat again which is nice.

Thanks for your input, it's good to hear everyone's reasoning.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-10-2014),OIC  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    Hi ladies - I hope everyone is going well apologise have been a bit absent im just trying to get through one day at a time until 12 weeks (am 8w5d today) anyway quick question has anyone had lower back pain??? I have had it on and off but really nothing to mention and then today it has been really bad and aching a lot to the point I might need to take Panadol..... Am just so scared as bad back aches is what I had when I miscarried in February (but also had bad cramps that tIme which this time thankfully I don't have)
    Yep. I've had sore back off and on for weeks. I get random sharp pain, takes my breath away on both back and sides. Take care of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome crazycat

Thanks awesome news nvandmv! Such a relief to hit that 12 weeks hey. Now the real fun part can start.

No extra testing for us. We were super low risk and at our 12wk scan and that combined with my age we didn't see the value in spending money.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

nvandmv  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In other news....can I just vent about UTI like symptoms. Pretty mild compared to what I've had in past with a full blown infection. But just enough to pi$$ me off and make things uncomfortable. Bleh.

feel much better now. Rant over.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happyma - I had to be on a preventative dose of antibiotics my entire last pregnancy as I had had recurrent UTIs (about every 3 months for 3 years!) prior to conception. So I feel your pain. At even a hint of one now I hit the water big time and try to flush it out. There is apparently "nothing" wrong im just one of those people who is unlucky and suseptible to utis.... grrr. I have been lucky so far, although I have woken up a few mornings with very little urine and that burning feeling so am trying to stay on top of it. I think its a result of hating the taste of water the last few weeks! Lots of honey and lemon and green tea for me...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (07-10-2014)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @BettyW we are having the nipt test tomorrow.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-10-2014),KitiK  (07-10-2014)