Closed Thread
Page 67 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha I am almost 17 weeks no wonder it's been feeling strange. Yep I think a body pillow will defiantly come in handy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I normally sleep on my tummy which I can't do now I use one of those U or V shaped pillows which I place in front of my tummy and in-between my legs and lay on my side. At 12 weeks I've really popped out and am about the size I was at about 20-24 weeks with my DD.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (03-10-2014),KitiK  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm mostly alternating between sides and a little on my back too. Didn't know it was bad either?!?!?! Do you know why?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to unnecessarily scare anyone because its still early for us, but because it can compress one of the main veins in your back and restrict blood flow to your lower body (legs, placenta etc) if has also been linked to still birth. Lay on your side ladies x

"when you lie on your back, the weight of your uterus presses on the major vein that returns blood from your lower body to your heart. Lying on your back for an extended period of time could make you feel dizzy. It could also interfere with the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta and your developing baby"
    Last edited by KitiK; 04-10-2014 at 06:17.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (04-10-2014),HavingitAll  (05-10-2014),ScubaGal  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the last post got me thinking... i have a question for those who have had pregnancies/birth before: are there any tips/helpful hints that you/we can provide to any of the "first time" pregnant ladies here? @Nezz79 and others? And would the first timers be interested in hearing them?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (04-10-2014),HavingitAll  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah for sure @KitiK. Knowledge is invaluable! Every little bit helps get us through

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Thanks @KitiK, now that you mention it, I have a couple of questions for you mums who have been through an ivf pregnancy or to those already seeing obstetricians -

1) is the pregnancy care any different to a naturally conceived child (is there any higher risks or extra appointments etc)

2) once the baby is born, does he/she get any special checks done by paedeatrican because of the ivf

I've found I'm starting to stress about everything being ok with the baby (because of the ivf/icsi process). Hoping you more experienced ladies can put my crazy mind at ease!
    Hi @Grace1

I have had 1 x natural, 1 x ivf icsi, and my current one is a natural fet. I have had an OB each time.

1) my pregnancy care has been no different each time so far (except for some extra scans etc due to pp with dd2). Unless you are high risk for other reasons (other than ivf) the care is the same in my experience.

2) under an OB they usually have the paed visit to see the baby after birth as a standard (have with both of mine so far)

I stressed about the health of my ivf bub too particulalry with what I read (ie: slightly higher risk of some issues due to ivf/icsi but rare - like urethra not reaching end of p*nis) but all minor and fixable. Try not to worry too much, once your pregnant things should progress like/the same as a natural pregnancy (apart from maybe prog support etc)

I am lucky to have 2 perfect dds and stress that by having #3 I am pushing my luck. I just have to trust that it will be ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK, I think that's a great idea. I'd be very happy to have any info/tips the ladies are willing to share.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ob realised that IVF parents can be a bit more stressed and gave us extra time and reassurance as a result.
    This is my second IVF bubba, I'm happy to answer any questions but not sure what advice I have to pass on - will have a think!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies a bit worried and looking for some advice. I've been vomiting 2-3 times a day but this afternoon I can't keep anything down and have been vomiting quite violently.

Realized that yesterday lunch I had take away chicken teriyaki that was hot but probably should have been hotter. (Didn't even think about it-blonde moment!).

My question is, has anyone had morning sickness get worse so suddenly or could I have picked something up from the chicken?

Thanks ladies!