Closed Thread
Page 54 of 161 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezz79 View Post
    @blossom1 my clinic does weekly BT up until 8 weeks of your pregnancy and a viability scan at 7 weeks.
    Thanks for that Hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyOB View Post
    2 lots (the bloods for FS & bloods for GP) @blossom1 as my FS is in another city so my GP also recommended bloods after the bloods 48hrs apart. Giving blood becomes 2nd nature after the whole IVF process, hey. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It sure does become second nature. I think I need to take another perspective with being pregnant. I think for my own sanity I need to back off being being super excited and be realistic in that a mc could happen. It's the first positive in 2.5 years so it shows we can do it! That's a massive positive. So because endo has stopped us getting pregnant and I was due to have laparoscopic surgery in 4 weeks, I will keep the appointment to see him, and if I miscarry in the next 4 weeks then I can still see him. I feel better about being more pragmatic about it. I have had a cm about 6 years ago and I survived but it was an unplanned pregnancy. Very different head space to being married and wanting to create a family! I have had the two blood tests, so I might just wait until monday , have another ,then the scan is on Wednesday :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby when I had my 7 week scan my FS asked how many doses of the progesterone I had left, and adv me to cut back to 2 a day for a week and then 1 a day for the last week, bringing me up to 9 weeks. He did try to reassure me that I most likely would have been fine without any extra (from BFP onwards) but I think it was just a psychological thing for me. I had finally got my BFP and I didn't want to risk anything. Anyway here I am at 10 + 3 and doing fine ( I think haha) and it's the first time in 3 months I've been free of all the IVF drugs, which is a good feeling. @blossum1 yep pretty much all of us have had those cramping feelings, they tend to ease off at about 6-7 weeks for most women. I was worried when I had them and then worried when they stopped (as you do!!haha) but after looking in to it a bit more I felt better knowing the ease off around that time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 I think we all feel that sense of worry and anxiety, particularly in the early weeks. My clinic only does one BT if your levels are good unless you ask for more. I decided it was just one more thing to worry about so only had the one but really it is whatever works for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happyma don't say that!! I'm 10+3 today and was getting hopeful that the ADS was easing off!! I don't want to hear that it comes back with a vengeance again!! haha I'm sorry to hear you're still not well you poor thing. No fun at all. I am feeling like I've had a constant hangover for the past 4 or 5 weeks pretty much, but I'm counting my blessings that I haven't actually vomited. I hope things get easier for you soon. As far as recommendations for books, I can't really help with anything related to the Mortal Instruments type, but I am a big Ian Rankin fan, I don't know if you're familiar with a British police drama called 'Rebus', well he writes those books, and I love them. If you're in to gritty police drama set in Edinburgh they are for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the worry will end. I am 15.5 weeks and have been getting sharp pains. They worry me so much but from every thing I have read it's all common. Just everything stretching. It's so hard not to be worried because we have been through soooo much to get here. I still can't believe it. I say it everyday. I feel so weird saying it out load. What a crazy journey😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    nvandmd - If you like Ian Rankin, you'll like Caro Ramsay and Lin Anderson, both set in Glasgow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

nvandmv  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahf how's your MS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 I had heaps of cramps too. I never had them with the first failed cycle so until I see blood I change my thinking and decide they're a good sign. Like MS

The more blood tests the better I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. I was told by the midwife on Monday that my iron levels were quite low and that I should take an Iron supplement in addition to the Blackmores Pregnancy Gold I was taking. I had a chat to the pharmacist and she has given me Ferra Grad C, it has vit C in it which apparently helps iron absorption. So now I'm taking pregnancy vitamins, iron supplements and benefibre (like Metamucil) to counteract the 'effect' of the iron!! Sheeesh!! The low iron probably explains why I've been so damn exhausted and getting puffed just having a conversation. Anyone else have to take iron too??