Closed Thread
Page 30 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    What's everyone going with in terms of birth planning? Private? Public? Midwives or Obstetricians?

I'd be keen to know who chose what and why...

AFM I've got my name down at the RPA birth centre which is midwife care for low risk active births. I'm pretty happy with it I think, had a tour today but the main thing that has me concerned is that it's only got three rooms so if it's full on the day you go into labor they send you across the hall to the public delivery room, no big deal those are apparently nice too - but then if that's full you get diverted to Canterbury Hospital and you don't get a choice in where you get sent which seems pretty lame to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish mine were bigger. A little fuller but still in same bra. Ha ha😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am happy to share @sarahf

I am going obstetrician at private hosp here in Perth. Mercy hospital (which I think is now St John of god).

Would love to do a nice midwife only birth centre but with all my other medical issues I will be slotted into high risk. I don't mind though. Haven't toured Mercy yet but know it's lovely from recommendations.

From their website they also have a virtual view out baby thing, where family members go online and can see your bub :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @scubagirl - I am going private again (have done so with all my pregnancies) I will be having a planned c-section - given its my 3rd c-section I don't envisage any issues with them "approving" it. This will be my fist time in a different state though so I am not sure what the facilities will be like as yet (or in comparison to what I have experienced!)

I really wanted an active labour 1st time - once I had an epidural it was all over for me though, failed to progress, birthed by c-section and was told it was cpd. Although I was nearly completely dialated there was still cervix that could be felt - I think my position had a lot to do with it.. Just my experience, plenty of ppl sucessfully have an epi and natural birth though so don't want to scare anyone off. 2nd time had complete placenta previa so necessary c-section. I am at higher risk for pp and acretta this time (so my FS and Obgyn mention) but still low risk so far so will see how we go. Either way it will be a c-section :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boobs are not growing much at all as I'm on progynova atm. No complaints though as my nipples are insanely sore!
    @ScubaGal, I'm going private as the general hospital here, whilst it has the best facilities, is not the nicest place. Also, hubby will be kicked out at visiting hours over even if we have just welcomed bub. There's no leniency. I did consider their Birthing Centre, however, any use of 'drugs' or complications & we end up at where we don't want to be

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyOB View Post
    My boobs are not growing much at all as I'm on progynova atm. No complaints though as my nipples are insanely sore!
    @ScubaGal, I'm going private as the general hospital here, whilst it has the best facilities, is not the nicest place. Also, hubby will be kicked out at visiting hours over even if we have just welcomed bub. There's no leniency. I did consider their Birthing Centre, however, any use of 'drugs' or complications & we end up at where we don't want to be

What's progynova?

Yeah that's what worries me - ending up somewhere totally different... I'd be fine with being transferred to the main RPA labor ward but not keen on Canterbury at all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Estrogen. I had a controlled transfer (I think that's what they call it?) so have been on estrogen & progesterone since. I finish at 12wks so maybe my boobs will change then.

I think that in the case of where something was hard to come by, it'll be somewhat more unsettling being placed in a hospital you don't want to be at & having to deliver. It could negatively impact your frame of mind during labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Progynova is what I was on for my medicated FET too. Is Oestrogen ... I was on 4 x 2mg per day up to transfer then 1 per day since. Plus the pessaries ... I guess that's just the go with meds, everyone reacts differently and has different symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I was generally bored today... Waiting for DH to get home tomorrow after being away for three weeks to NSW and VIC shooting a documentary on Ned Kelly and the bushrangers...

So on the boob front... You ladies with less than c's you suck at least you can still find cheapish bras from places like target/big w... Me... I started at a DD/E and now I should be in an F and the lady at the bra shop that fits for a living... Said I might get to. G or H yet when my milk comes it... I didn't even know they made bras that big.... And they are hugely expensive... I hope they shrink after breast feeding... I must say though by about week 7 they settled down. They no longer sore and seem to have halted in size for the time being... However I have already started showing and now my shorts don't fit and I am NOT a dress wearer... So I think I am screwed for clothes as well as TSV has no maternity stores either... Sorry for the language,,, it's just very frustrating.

With regards to midwives...obgyn... Public private... Not a lot of choice in TSV. Tried to go to the new birth center, public with midwives... But I am classified as high risk due to having Hashimotoes... So that was out... So went with private ob and will go to private women's hospital... Funny thing is though that if there are huge complications they take you to the public hospital here... It's like the equivilant to the royal hospital I guess as far as facilities for far north QLD.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-09-2014)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already organised private for us. Hospital is a 2 minute (if that) drive. And I'll be seeing an ob Wednesday week for our first visit. Will be having an ultrasound and seeing how lil squirt is going. 😜

7 weeks today!!!!

Also with twinges etc.
    I still get very faint random cramps.
    And sneezing, getting up to get the remote or even changing sides when sleeping feels like my stomach muscles have had a decent workout. Odd sharp pain kind if reminds me to be gentle.
    Last edited by shell'80; 13-09-2014 at 21:37.