Closed Thread
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1610
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Trust your OB @BabyOB. I have a really short torso so room "feels" like an issue for me - probably not though in all honesty... do you sit a lot? That might make it worse??

I know that the thought of having a c section can be scary, but if it is planned, they can be a wonderful experience too. I have had 2 - about to have a 3rd. My first freaked me out because it was an emergency. 2nd time was calm and much better. The nurses got pics of the baby coming out (just a head, then body etc) and it was - still is amazing to look back on!

I hope baby moves and you get a chance to experience a natural birth if that is what you really want. If not, just know the OB has yours and your babys best interests at heart and that next time (if you have more) could be very different feel free to pm if you want to know more about my c sec experiences/recovery etc x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (18-02-2015),HavingitAll  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am quite short (if 5ft! Lol) @KitiK & hubby is over 6ft so it could be the same thing as u. I think I'll be better next week when I know why he isn't sitting 'normal'. My cousin had an emergency & then a planned & she said that it was a much better experience too. With that from both of you, I am certainly ok for c section however certainly would have liked to try natural. As long as my babes is happy & healthy, I will be ok! xox

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyOB - I laboured (almost fully dialated) for 9 hours before my c section. The only thing I didnt experience was pushing baby out so I really don't feel like I missed out (although understand why others might) after my planned c sec, I was like 'why would anyone want to do it any other way?' No waiting around for weeks after due date, feeling like you are going to burst, worrying about waters breaking, care for other kids etc... the list goes on for me!) So it really was good for me. Each to their own though, and I respect others views and preferences - whatever works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm scared of pain @KitiK & the thought of 'major surgery' scares me. Lol. A baby will make it all worth while! ♡

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too! I am petrified of pain! At least with a planned c sec, all you feel is the local in your back (then they do a spinal or epi depending - which you dont feel) and then as long as you keep up with your pain meds afterwards its not too bad. Better than my 9 hours in agony before the c sec! Ha the pain is a minor inconvenience when you are holding your baby though I must say - its totally worth it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (18-02-2015),HavingitAll  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @BabyOB we found out yesterday arvo our bub is sort of transverse too. If you imagine a clock where, his head is at 4 and legs at 10....would explain the pain I've had under ribs for the last week!

My OB said he's going to scan me at next weeks appt and see what's going on. Hoping bubs moved a bit by then. He said he wants bub in place by 36.5 weeks or else we'll need to discuss "other options" I guess that means c-sect. Apparently it's risky tempting labour if bub is still not head down as he cant / wont turn him. Similar story to you I guess. Funny thing is if he was totally breach they could try turning him. Weird. I don't really understand it all haha.

Both hubby and I are super keen for natural as we want limited medical intervention......but we're also strongly again emergency csect so would probably choose elective closer to the due date if there was even a small chance bub could get distressed.

I'm going to go googling now to get ideas for how to promote head down position from bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Yep @BabyOB we found out yesterday arvo our bub is sort of transverse too. If you imagine a clock where, his head is at 4 and legs at 10....would explain the pain I've had under ribs for the last week!

My OB said he's going to scan me at next weeks appt and see what's going on. Hoping bubs moved a bit by then. He said he wants bub in place by 36.5 weeks or else we'll need to discuss "other options" I guess that means c-sect. Apparently it's risky tempting labour if bub is still not head down as he cant / wont turn him. Similar story to you I guess. Funny thing is if he was totally breach they could try turning him. Weird. I don't really understand it all haha.

Both hubby and I are super keen for natural as we want limited medical intervention......but we're also strongly again emergency csect so would probably choose elective closer to the due date if there was even a small chance bub could get distressed.

I'm going to go googling now to get ideas for how to promote head down position from bubs!
    I've heard that breaststroke can help - not sure if there's truth to that but you could google it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happyma Google spinning babies... might help, can only try I guess x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google is just bad bad bad!

Totally freaked out now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    here is a new thread ladies .