Closed Thread
Page 150 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1610
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hay lives quick question do any of u have spoilt dogs? I have a lovely caring lab cross she is 6. I'm not all that worried about here and baby. I know she will be a bit jealous but with love and patience it will be ok. But I have had a few people think she won't cope. Should I worry more?

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF/ICSI/FET due group March/April/May/June

No, just start changing your routine now. Anything that might change when you have a baby. Might change when/where she is fed. Not being allowed in the bedrooms? On furniture? Change as much as you can so she doesn't associate with baby and make sure you still spend time with her when you have baby. She will probably love baby as much as you do. As baby grows make sure baby doesn't hurt the dog )slapping pulling hair etc as much as possible anyway) so there is no negative associations. All will be fine as long as you include the dog in the family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @saraf yea I know how you feel about your dog... I have two short hair border collies and one is very ADHD and is a baby... She has nipped, never bitten, as smaller toddlers before so not sure how it will go but hoping as it ours and not a stranger and the fact that she will grow with the baby it will be all good...

Sorry ladies for the long post... Just have to vent a bit...

Well had my first appointment at the hospital on Tuesday... And man on man the waiting... I moved from the private hospital to the public system here in Townsville, as I wasn't happy with the type of care I was getting from the private... With the public though the waiting is horrific... Anyway that's not the worst of it...

As I have Hashimotos Hypothyroidism I had to see the endrocronologist and then the doctor... And since it was my first appointment it was an allllllllll morning affair... Anyway... Endro wants to change my medication as he cant support the meds I am currently on which is desiccated thyroid extract and wants to put me on synthetic... I am not going to change... Feel to good on the real stuff...saying that the only hormone that crosses the placenta anyway is T4, which if that's the case why would the desiccated having any affect on that.

Next was the doctors... Who wondered why I was only being seen now.. (I'm 31 weeks 4 days)... And then went in to say I failed my GTT (the 2 hr Gloucose test)... Hubby asked what my results were... I was 8.2 and the cut off was 8.0 but in two weeks that top end cut off is going to be changing to 8.5 and so then I wouldn't have gestational diabetes... But right now I do... So neither hubby or myself was happy with that and stated we wanted to be retested... Which dr didn't want to do... But eventually gave into...blood pressure was all good at 124/67, baby is head down, heart beat at 147...so I don't seen any issues with changing my diet just a bit and moving forward... I had also lost two kilos from my checkin appointment to my current appointment...

So now... Eating even "cleaner" than I was before... And doing a little more walking, but have to on my treadmill as it is tooooooooo hot outside and my legs are already covered with bug bites which itch like heck already so don't need any more...

So I was suppose to go back and see doctors in 2 weeks... But hubby was going to be away... So made appointment for 4 weeks - figure more time between visits the better and if I have any issues I would go to the Er or see my GP anyway... So was suppose to get my gTT redone in two weeks but going to wait longer...

Next appointment at 35 weeks 2 days.

Thanks for reading...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

Cherrymum2be  (30-01-2015),Happyma  (29-01-2015),KitiK  (29-01-2015),sarahf  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques - Oh I feel your pain and frustration, I have Hashi's too, although I am on the Synthetic stuff, not the desiccated. I am monitored by my GP and quite happy to continue like that, my levels are great but the public hospital system requires me to see their Endo to be 'signed off' whatever that means. I'm really uptight about being made to go (I don't do well being told what to do. lol) And its really inconvenient to take more time off for an appointment I know is a waste of my time. I was also told by the Clerk to bring a good book!
    @sarahf - I have a spoilt 14 year old toy poodle that sleeps in our room, has a special bed in every room of the house and spends every night on the lounge with us . I lift him up and down so he doesn't hurt his legs and carry him up and down the stairs. Yep spoilt. He gets really agitated when babies are around, not aggressive just pants and jumps around and whinges ......no idea how that's going to go with him and her sleeping in the same room. Hopefully he will get used to her. I will use a new blanket on her for a week or so and then give it to him, maybe the smell will make her more familiar to him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

sarahf  (01-02-2015),ScubaGal  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is amazing how your pets will quickly take bub under their wing as such. When I had my daughter (almost 5 years ago) she was extremely prem which worried me a lot with my pets re allergies etc. I had a Border Collie, a Rottweiler and a cat. The dogs became soooo protective over her, just like she was one of their own! Was worried about the cat as I had been told that cats can try to sleep on babies (as its nice & warm) and accidentally suffocate them in the process - my cat just wasn't interested in my daughter at all! As she has grown up they have now become best of friends!!

Just make sure you take your time with blending the baby with your pets - as long as your treatment of the pets doesn't change then all should be fine

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonesgirl1980 For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (30-01-2015),sarahf  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sarahf I also have a lab cross collie who is 7 and he is very spoilt. Atm he is super protective of me following me around the house, watching every move and dear me if I sneeze he comes running and pounces on me or offers his paw as a condolence. We put up the bassinet in our room so he could get use to it and we found him just staring at it, let's just say he was not amused. I read from that dog guy caesaer to get your hubby/partner to bring baby's singlet hm from the hospital (prior to you coming hm) to let the dog smell but not give to him as that would give ownership to the dog.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bundle of joy For This Useful Post:

sarahf  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok probably TMI, but has anyone else got a sweaty smelly crotch? I swear I can smell it all the time, and am worried others can too! ARGH! I am showering 2x a day and wear fresh underpants. Am thinking I might have to break out the panty liners/femfresh the way this is going!! Its horrible. I never had this with the other 2. I dont have an infection or anything and wash thoroughly! Very frustrating!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finding something like that too @KitiK, I've been assuming it's normal :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to que sera sera For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I'm sure she will be fine little fury bum. It will be a bit of a adjustment.
    Soques that sucks the public system is sooo busy. I live in wollongong and am only lucky that I got into the midwife program. And I had to beg. I have had friends wait 3 hours +. Hopefully they look past the diabetes or at least let u test again. Hope u ok😊.
    Kiktik I have been plagued by loads of discharge the whole time it sucks😔. Not sure there is much u can do about it. I'm sure nobody else notices. Hope u all doin well☺️

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it'd be the same as when we have had periods. We are just very sensitive to our own bodies

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (01-02-2015)