Closed Thread
Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the DH/DP get a raw deal sometimes hey @nvandmv BUT I think it's only fair. Has to be some balance to us girls going through all the physical stuff. And I do think it will all come back into normal swing. It's just there's so much change on sooo many different levels ALL at the same time.

So my latest party trick is making myself sick from my own BO. How gross! Have to start using some deo again. Had gone off it because the smell would bother me when sprayed.

Just for fun - have you got any funny stories about what DH/DP isn't allowed to do etc. eg I made mine take his coffee pod machine outside and plug it in in the garage because the smell was awful!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

nvandmv  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TMI alert - 6w1d today and had a massive vomit this morning in the shower - apparently green apple for settling your stomach is an old wives tale... I remember being sick with the last 2 but not like this - I was just quesy all the time. I keep being told this one is a boy... we will see. Have a headache this afternoon - just in time for the school run... not fun. Oh well.. hope everyone else is going ok.
    @Happyma my underarms made me sick aswell, so did the smell of multigrain bread toasting (I seriously thought it smelt like poison). I am not doing well re: feeling sick so far - everything I used to love (onion, garlic, meat, bread) etc makes me feel sick.
    @Soques you must be nearly 10 weeks (I think you were abput a month ahead of me in the IVF group?) How are you going?

Ps: my morning sickness dissapeared with both my previous preg by 12-14 weeks. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have really noticed a heightened sense of smell since last week. Describing some smells to DH & he says my sense of smell is broken not heightened. lol. The smell of my frothed milk for my morning (decaf) coffee, food scraps in my bin at work (that never bothered me). However, I'm lucky to not really feel nauseas so spose I can't complain

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course you can complain. You're allowed.

Thanks for the giggle re broken lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    TMI alert - 6w1d today and had a massive vomit this morning in the shower - apparently green apple for settling your stomach is an old wives tale... I remember being sick with the last 2 but not like this - I was just quesy all the time. I keep being told this one is a boy... we will see. Have a headache this afternoon - just in time for the school run... not fun. Oh well.. hope everyone else is going ok.
    @Happyma my underarms made me sick aswell, so did the smell of multigrain bread toasting (I seriously thought it smelt like poison). I am not doing well re: feeling sick so far - everything I used to love (onion, garlic, meat, bread) etc makes me feel sick.
    @Soques you must be nearly 10 weeks (I think you were abput a month ahead of me in the IVF group?) How are you going?

Ps: my morning sickness dissapeared with both my previous preg by 12-14 weeks. x
    Oh yeah apple bad bad bad for me to. Also with your shower try not to let water in your mouth. Helped me a bit. Do you have girls? My MIL said same thing that it's worse with boys. Figures. I had boy vibes since transfer day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I laughed for ages @Happyma. The way he said it... We were walking along the river & I described my 'heightened sense of smell' & the flowers as smelling like baked potatoes to which he replied that my smell was severely broken & that the baked potato smell was actually bush honey smell. He is broken if anything!
    @KitiK, my sister was terribly ill when she was pregnant with her son. No issue with her daughter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BabyOB and @Happyma - I am hoping for a boy (but will be happy with another girl really!) Just want happy and healthy.

I heard that you get sicker with girls (something about extra estrogen?) Not sure, but I also know there is slightly more chance of boys with IVF and girls with ICSI... I have 2 girls (1 x dd 6 yrs natural, 1 x dd 18mths via IVF ICSI) the one on board is dd2s "twin" - FET from that cycle. I am going to do the harmony test to find out about chromosonal issues and sex so I can mentally prepare... x

Its hard not telling people and being sick. People clue on pretty quick!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My thing is I've always been one to enjoy a beverage when out & about however I'm fast out of excuses for no drinks as I gave up alcohol long before the transfer I'm certainly going to do the harmony test & we did ICSI so I'll keep reading up. I'm with you though @KitiK, as long as there's a healthy bub at the end, it doesn't matter the sex

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I don't even know what the harmony test is *runs to google*

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (28-08-2014),KitiK  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup thrush is so annoying. I think it was caused by the progesterone presseries. I asked my OBGYN if I can go off them and she said yes, it is safe to after 10 weeks. I won't miss them!

My new friend this week (besides vomit and thrush) is hay fever. Can't. Stop. Sneezing. And cannot take any pills for it. Sigh. Oh and I hear ya about the apples ladies...stay away in early morning! Oranges too! Carbs all the way.

Re gender, my first was a boy. So I am kinda hoping for a girl but I am getting major boy vibes, so I think we will have two boys. Two little brothers growing up together would be super cute. But I'm really close to my mother and always wanted a little girl too. Either way I am excited to find out at the 20 weeks scan!