Closed Thread
Page 112 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1610
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques, Renee is trying to get a tub at the mater. Fingers crossed they can get it organised quickly. Best of luck on your hunt for a new Ob

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feeling lucky I told my ob to just do a c sect bc it would be easier for everyone. She said it is not her decision and that if I wanted to try for a vba2c she would support that! I was like "ah no, I'll take the section thanks"! Hope you find a new ob @Soques who will support the birth you want, also knowing it is unpredictable so helps to not get too wedded to a particular sequence of events if you can help it. I was very dissapointed after my first birth and wish I had have had a more relaxed approach. Having your wishes acknowledged and respected by your care giver is important.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ob asked yesterday how I wanted to deliver (CS first time round due to placenta previa) and I said another Caesar and he laughed and said "good choice!", haha. However I know if I had said vbac that he would have supported that 110% (as he did with a friend of mine who desperately wanted an all-natural birth the first time round and had to have an emergency CS - she was so disappointed and upset that she was still in tears about it a year later - she had thought she could control the process but obviously sometimes you can't. Anyway, same Ob as her first time and same Ob as me and she went for a vbac for #2 and got it).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK totally understand about knowing things might not go my way and having emergencies, but things like not allowing my husband to be my coach only, to not allow me to have a delayed shot for having the placenta release, and to no allow for the changing of positions once in labour ... I think is a bit extreme... I don't think it was unreasonable of my requests... And I am totally with the understanding that something's cant be helped due to medical constraints, and I am totally negotiable but something's she said were just totally unreasonable... And at one stage said that if I wanted somethings on my list that I should go to the general as she wouldn't be happy to support me.... Made me very disappointed and upset... And so wish I could do a home birth instead...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not changing positions in labour?! That sounds crazy!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    @KitiK totally understand about knowing things might not go my way and having emergencies, but things like not allowing my husband to be my coach only, to not allow me to have a delayed shot for having the placenta release, and to no allow for the changing of positions once in labour ... I think is a bit extreme... I don't think it was unreasonable of my requests... And I am totally with the understanding that something's cant be helped due to medical constraints, and I am totally negotiable but something's she said were just totally unreasonable... And at one stage said that if I wanted somethings on my list that I should go to the general as she wouldn't be happy to support me.... Made me very disappointed and upset... And so wish I could do a home birth instead...
    She sounds very backward @Soques! I bet you are glad you hadn't paid your management fees! Good luck finding a better alternative. She sounds very controlling....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques - OMG not allowing position changes, what's she going to do, strap you to the bed? and not allowing you to try for a natural 3rd stage is just lazy on her part, I understand if its not happening then you would get the shot, but saying no from the outset? ridiculous. I would have been pretty upset too. Like your birth sounds like it will take too long for her busy schedule. This is why im not having an OB. Midwives all the way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrymum2be For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Their schedules actually have nothing to do with why they want u on the bed; for them, it's more for risks (old school) than anything. being on the bed is actually the lowest risk for birthing. However, when you pay the fees, it should be your choice on how you want to give birth

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might be low risk but it's a very unnatural/ inefficient way to birth - you're fighting gravity for one thing.

My Ob would happily (try to) give me a waterbirth or hypnobirth if that's what I wanted - I was interested in a waterbirth first time round but PP made the decision for me. There was a thread recently on the negative experiences some people have had with midwives, so I don't think it's as simple as Obs vs midwives. An Ob who says "sure we can try for that, but here's what can happen" has my respect more than a midwife who tells a woman they absolutely can birth in a certain way. When researching the hospital I went to there was a case about a woman who wanted a natural birth, was told by midwives at antenatal classes that that was her right and that she could and should get one, and she was so insistent on this (and ill-informed about the actual risks) that an emergency CS was delayed and her baby ended up dying.
    Regardless of who you have on hand to help deliver your baby, they should respect your wishes as much as possible while still keeping you very informed of what the real risks are and having your safety (and that of bubs) as their highest concern.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews