Closed Thread
Page 110 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1610
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I have an OB appt this Thurs at 10+5 and while I know this is a silly question as it's been mentioned plenty on this thread I'm still a little confused about what to expect eg is he likely to do any tests? Who usually does the chromosome testing / testing for Downs and so on? And at what point can you usually find out sex?
    As for my 2c about how my preg is going, I've gone off some food/drink - can't stomach the thought of meat or cooked veg, and completely off hot tea when I was drinking 3-4 a day. Just want lots of stodgy food to settle my tummy when nausea kicks in around 1pm until bedtime - feeling the weight gain for sure!
    Hope everyone's going great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Updated Roll Call
    Let me know if I've missed anyone/missed any other announcements. Does anyone want to update whether they are having a boy or a girl? I'm missing a few due dates for June babies too...

March:

15 @Bellydance (??)
    17 @sarahf (??)
    21 @canuck28 (Boy!)
    29 @Soques (Boy!)
    31 @Happyma (Boy!)

April:
    16 @Nezz79 (twins!)
    20 @nvandmv (??) & @GeorgieNE (??)
    22 @BabyOB (Buddha!) & @KitiK (Boy!)
    29 @Crazycat (??)

May:
    03 @shell'80 (Girl!)
    05 @HavingitAll (??)
    08 @BettyW (Boy!)
    13 @Hopefullyanotherbaby (??)
    14 @ScubaGal (Boy!) & @stephgus (twins!)
    15 @Bundle of joy
    18 @Grace1 (??)
    21 @ladybug14 (??)
    25 @Cherrymum2be (Girl!)
    26 @Emrossall (??)
    29 @Sherbert1230 (??)

June:
    ?? @blossom1 (??)
    05 @sallysmith (??)
    06 @que sera sera (??)
    07 @ApplesandOranges (??)
    12 @Nicsta83 (??)
    22 @MissBell (??)
    ?? @amiracle4me (??)
    27 @akakura (??)
    ?? @lilypily (??)

Giant Hugs needed for @Excited1 @woof5105 @babygirl7
    @ScubaGal I'm having a girl!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefullyanotherbaby For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Updated Roll Call

March:

15 @Bellydance (??)
    17 @sarahf (??)
    21 @canuck28 (Boy!)
    29 @Soques (Boy!)
    31 @Happyma (Boy!)

April:
    16 @Nezz79 (twins!)
    20 @nvandmv (??) & @GeorgieNE (??)
    22 @BabyOB (Buddha!) & @KitiK (Boy!)
    29 @Crazycat (??)

May:
    03 @shell'80 (Girl!)
    05 @HavingitAll (??)
    08 @BettyW (Boy!)
    13 @Hopefullyanotherbaby (Girl!)
    14 @ScubaGal (Boy!) & @stephgus (twins!)
    15 @Bundle of joy
    18 @Grace1 (??)
    21 @ladybug14 (??)
    25 @Cherrymum2be (Girl!)
    26 @Emrossall (??)
    29 @Sherbert1230 (??)

June:
    ?? @blossom1 (??)
    05 @sallysmith (??)
    06 @que sera sera (??)
    07 @ApplesandOranges (??)
    09 @Nicsta83 (??)
    22 @MissBell (??)
    ?? @amiracle4me (??)
    27 @akakura (??)
    ?? @lilypily (??)
    30 @Tilkah

Giant Hugs needed for @Excited1 @woof5105 @babygirl7
    Last edited by ScubaGal; 13-11-2014 at 06:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by que sera sera View Post
    Hi ladies I have an OB appt this Thurs at 10+5 and while I know this is a silly question as it's been mentioned plenty on this thread I'm still a little confused about what to expect eg is he likely to do any tests? Who usually does the chromosome testing / testing for Downs and so on? And at what point can you usually find out sex?
    As for my 2c about how my preg is going, I've gone off some food/drink - can't stomach the thought of meat or cooked veg, and completely off hot tea when I was drinking 3-4 a day. Just want lots of stodgy food to settle my tummy when nausea kicks in around 1pm until bedtime - feeling the weight gain for sure!
    Hope everyone's going great!
    There are two routes for testing for chromosome issues - the standard is to do your 12 Week Nuchal Translucency (NT) Scan, coupled with Maternal Serum Screening Blood test which produces a risk rating for Downs, Edwards and Patau Syndromes. The NT scan also checks that all the organs are present and in the right place so its important to do regardless. It cannot tell gender as its too early - I think you can't see gender on a scan until 20 weeks.

The other option you might want to pursue is Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) also known as the Harmony, Verifi or Panorama test (these are fancy brand names). This is a blood test that looks at baby DNA that is in your blood ****** and can tell you both gender and chromosome risks with a fairly high degree of certainty. These tests have to be sent to the USA for processing and they're not covered - about $500-750.

Your OB will recommend a course of action - but ultimately you get to choose

If you go for the NIPT you can have it done anytime after ten weeks and the results take about 2 weeks to come back.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Grace1 - no ICSI, just let em run free in a dish. So all my theories went out the window! I was sure it was a boy and that my 2 frosties are girls cause apparently they handle the freezing process better. I've probably got 2 boys waiting, which would suit me fine. I'll be one of those mums that cant stop having kids til she has one of each.....budget and science permitting. lol

Roll on 4:30pm for my 12 week scan! its going to be a looooooong day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrymum2be View Post
    @Grace1 - no ICSI, just let em run free in a dish. So all my theories went out the window! I was sure it was a boy and that my 2 frosties are girls cause apparently they handle the freezing process better. I've probably got 2 boys waiting, which would suit me fine. I'll be one of those mums that cant stop having kids til she has one of each.....budget and science permitting. lol

Roll on 4:30pm for my 12 week scan! its going to be a looooooong day.
    Congratulations on your girl @Hopefullyanotherbaby!
    @Cherrymum2be I only got 2 out of my ivf icsi process (1 x dd who is 18m and 1 x boy on board!) I couldnt leave any behind so 3 kids it is for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KitiK - I really want 2 kids...but if theres a 3rd frostie there for me I cant leave it behind either! Its funny the maternal sense of responsibility that you get for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure is! Thats exactly what happened with us! I have 2 x dds and we had 1 x frostie - its our boy. Can't imagine not having him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We would like 2 kids, but we have 8 frosties!
    Not sure what we will do if we still have some frosties after number 2. Want to get #1 first and then fingers crossed that one of the 8 turns into #2. After that....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (13-11-2014),KitiK  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ScubaGal! Definitely feeling more knowledgeable going into my appt now - I should have some idea what he's talking about & not just have a glazed look in my eyes the whole time :-)