+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow! My DD1 (who wasn't an anterior placenta) was so active that I could never believe when people couldn't feel movements too, what a change for you from your first to your second. I'm thinking I may be the same. could you see your belly moving at all at times @Mmumm

I was hoping that an anterior placenta wouldn't be too much of a problem with feeling movement. Its always more reassuring getting the kicks in the side than not having them at all! But good to know you felt something around 19 weeks @Best Things

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29 weeks with my first baby. I first felt him around 16/17 weeks but only massive kicks, I never felt small movements and would go several days without feeling him. At the 20 week scan we could see him moving and kicking a lot but I couldn't feel a thing. It wasn't until about maybe 22/23 weeks I started feeling him give definite kicks daily. Even now I mostly only feel him at the sides and top of my bump. I hardly feel him in the centre. Some days he doesn't seem to move a lot (still feel him regularly though) but he is always fine and the drs/midwives aren't concerned. I think this is when he is hanging out low /centre where the placenta is and it's still cushioning him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Oh wow! My DD1 (who wasn't an anterior placenta) was so active that I could never believe when people couldn't feel movements too, what a change for you from your first to your second. I'm thinking I may be the same. could you see your belly moving at all at times @Mmumm

I was hoping that an anterior placenta wouldn't be too much of a problem with feeling movement. Its always more reassuring getting the kicks in the side than not having them at all! But good to know you felt something around 19 weeks @Best Things
    I'd also like to mention that it was so bad that I could see the baby kicking at the 20 week scan and I still couldn't feel it. It wasn't until she did one HUGE one that I felt anything at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one with an anterior placenta here. Im 26 weeks and didn't feel anything until about 18 weeks and that was just the popping kind of feeling. I still only feel bubs a few times a day and mostly at night, I haven't felt or seen anything from the outside yet. That may also be because im a little pudgy I hope DF gets to feel bubs kick soon!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vonnie89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post

Nope - couldn't see movement either. With DD I'd lie on lounge with tv remote on belly and she'd kick it off. Tried with DS but never moved.
    He was an incredibly lazy bub once out too....oh how I wish it continued, 18mo now and full on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post: