+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    I'm having a boy too.

@French Pear, I say enjoy it before the movements become really obvious. My bubba's current routine is to dance a jig in the middle of the night after I've gotten up to use the toilet. As cute and reassuring as this is, it makes getting back to sleep quite tricky. Some night's he's even woken me from sleep with his movements!
    Haha a little party animal you have in there @Cat74 I felt dd1 from 17 weeks and she was really active but was very well behaved at nighttimes.

I'm just hanging for that reassurance really so it's good to know that hopefully I might get lucky to feel movements earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Haha a little party animal you have in there @Cat74 I felt dd1 from 17 weeks and she was really active but was very well behaved at nighttimes.

I'm just hanging for that reassurance really so it's good to know that hopefully I might get lucky to feel movements earlier.
    Ha, ha, yes, he takes after his mum who used to love to dance until the wee small hours.

The movements will come!!! I felt the same way as you did at that particular stage, I really wanted that reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior with first and felt from 14 weeks.

💜 DD1 aka Peanut 💜 Due 28.10.14

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior with four of my kids, 2 boys, 2 girls, and felt definite movement at 17.5 weeks but very inconsistent til at least 19 weeks.
    This baby I didn't start to feel her a couple of times a day til 20 weeks or so and she was still awesome at hiding behind the placenta up to 25 weeks. I have a Doppler and couldn't find her consistently til 16/17 weeks. I was still using it every other day til like 27 weeks, that's when she started getting more active that I could feel.
    I was so impatient to feel her move a lot. I've only started feeling all of her movement at about 29 weeks. I figure my uterus is pretty stretched and she was finding places to hide!

eta for what it's worth I'm on the slender side, a size 10 but still had a bit of flab from my last baby on my tummy. Being my 7th pregnancy I really thought I'd feel her a lot more a lot earlier than I have.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never felt any of the "popping" or "flutters" at all. At 19+5 I felt a massive kick but only on the outside

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I Had an anterior placenta and first felt her at 19 weeks. Prior to that, I felt things but wasn't completely sure. At 19 weeks, I had my hand on my belly and I felt her kick it, with my hand and on the inside

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (18-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior with my 2nd and could go days without feeling movement right up until they induced me due to lack of movement at 37weeks.
    DH didn't feel him move once the whole pregnancy!
    He had a short umbilical cord when he came out, couldn't get past my belly button so they says that plus anterior placenta explains why I hardly felt him (which was a shock as his sister was like an octopus from very early on)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Anterior with my 2nd and could go days without feeling movement right up until they induced me due to lack of movement at 37weeks.
    DH didn't feel him move once the whole pregnancy!
    He had a short umbilical cord when he came out, couldn't get past my belly button so they says that plus anterior placenta explains why I hardly felt him (which was a shock as his sister was like an octopus from very early on)
    Were you worried alot because of the lack of movement felt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was to start with, then got frustrated as it took up so much time being checked (sounds whingy huh) but of course it had to be checked. Towards the end I was at hosp regularly for an hour hooked up to machine to check movement and heartbeat. I had to click a button each time I felt it move....I could see him moving on the screen but couldn't feel it.
    I never believed people could be pregnant and not know, if it wasn't for my massive belly and morning sickness i'd not have known 😜

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    French Pear! I have only had one pregnancy but she had an anterior placenta and I didn't feel movement until 19weeks. DD is now 3 months and she is always, ALWAYS, always kicking her legs and moving around... Everyone comments on how much a mover and a groover she is but I really didn't feel her that much during the pregnancy. In fact I went to the pregnancy unit 3 times because I hadn't felt much movement and all was fine... I blame the lack of feeling on the anterior placenta because she is definitely a mover now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post: