+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Almost one month already! You're doing great!

I had to drop tea, coffee and dark chocolate with my DD. It made a difference but she was still miserable for the first 7.5 weeks. I tried eliminating all sorts of other things to no avail. She was one of those annoying "only time will help" babies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I gave him S26 newborn formula

I will try some infants friend & see what happens

The gp said he doesnt have reflux
    Did the GP say anything that it might be or just the usual, your baby is fine, go home?

How did you go last night. Did he have any more formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the usual alliepallie - he's fine go home

I didnt give him anymore formula.

Last night dh had him in the evening & then when I got up to him at 2am I could not get him to go back down. Dh said he was tired (what & im not?...) & said to just keep trying then went back to sleep. So I just sat in the lounge for 4 hours holding a sleeping ds & trying not to fall asleep. When dh woke up 4 hours later he said 'oh you should have woken me' (like I could do that when I was in the other room holding a sleeping ds) & then sat here yawning & saying he was tired.....

He just doesnt seem to get that I now have a full time job as well (looking after ds).

Im over it, im too tired to deal with him & his stupid attitude, so I'll just find a way to get through & look after our child while he sleeps. Thats obviously what he wants....

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Ah yes! The whole, but I need to sleep so I can function at work argument! Been there!

I found working out a schedule of what time each of us would settle bub worked. I just cracked it at him one day, men sometimes need a kick up the backside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby wearing saved us in the first 6 weeks keep going OP it will get so much better
    Also I was told not to let DS fall asleep on the breast until he had sucked for a solid 20 minutes on each side or longer. I was to tickle his neck or ribs to keep him awake and feed skin to skin with just a blanket over so he didn't get too cosy and nod off. The midwives that gave me this advice saved me!
    It's tough in the beginning for sure but just because bub cries doesn't mean anything is wrong either. They don know how to communicate with you so could simply want a cuddle. DS would love being taken for a walk and shown around and lightly bounced on the way (which is why baby wearing is awesome as I could go about some jobs hands free!) the swing also saved us from his windy pains and infants friend.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried tilting the bassinet mattress? DD, who is a week younger, has been having dreadful problems sleeping anywhere but on us. After two hours trying to get her to sleep last night, I remembered a friend giving me that advice and tried it. She went down really easily straight away. A few noises but not the red faced screaming. She was asleep within 10 minutes and has slept for longer stretches than she has in ages.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattherat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattherat View Post
    Have you tried tilting the bassinet mattress? DD, who is a week younger, has been having dreadful problems sleeping anywhere but on us. After two hours trying to get her to sleep last night, I remembered a friend giving me that advice and tried it. She went down really easily straight away. A few noises but not the red faced screaming. She was asleep within 10 minutes and has slept for longer stretches than she has in ages.
    Yes wr have propped it up already, it doesnt seem to help him go to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree the arching back is probably farts and burpies. Lots of tummy time half hour after feed might help a bit. Fresh air, music off your phone
    Your doing a great job op. It will get a lot better from week 6 or so.
    All sounds pretty normal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Im going to a feeding clinic tomorrow so hoping it will help with some of the issues. Im quite anxious about it though cause im still getting over how I was treated by the midwives at the hospital re my feeding issues & im scared these people (child health nurses) will have the same attitude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks everyone. Im going to a feeding clinic tomorrow so hoping it will help with some of the issues. Im quite anxious about it though cause im still getting over how I was treated by the midwives at the hospital re my feeding issues & im scared these people (child health nurses) will have the same attitude.

I'm sorry you had to go thru that. The rbwh mw are horrible for their post natal care. A close girlfriend had shocking advice both times she birthed. Even for her second son when she told them of her bf problems last time they did nothing to help. Highly recommend a private Lc. Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (03-08-2014)