+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok I just tried ds in the baby bjorn & he hated it. If thats the case is it just a waste of money to buy a hug a bub or similar?

Back to the continuous feed hold feed hold routine I guess

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heart, babies change their routine every 2 weeks or so anyway in the first 3 months. What doesn't work today may work next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ok I just tried ds in the baby bjorn & he hated it. If thats the case is it just a waste of money to buy a hug a bub or similar?

All of mine hated any carrier I used at first. I just kept putting them in until they got used it to which they do pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Sonja; 30-07-2014 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post

No, I also had a Bjorn style carrier and he hated that until older. He hated the Ergo I tried him in around 4 months as well. You can adjust them into a few different positions in a stretchy wrap, more like how you snuggle them.

Making a hug a bub type carrier was so easy. I just googled 'DIY stretchy wrap'. I used cotton jersey that was off the bargain table at spotlight. Or put the word out on FB, any sewer will have a hoard of fabrics and might even cut it for you. You need about 5.5m and that will make 2. I tapered the 'tails' but you don't have to.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    What style Baby Bjorn is it? The classic BB style has bubs facing away from you and dangling by their crotch which is not comfy for them.

What ever sling you get be ready for another learning curve.

I found a hug-a-bub was great when DD was a newborn but it took me some time to master how to tie it. She then progressed into a pouch style sling which I found a little more convenient as with teh hug-a-bub once I had taken bub out I had to untie and redo the whole thing again.

Hug-a-bub style is a very long piece of fabric that is about 50cm wide that you wrap around yourself in a certain way then tuck bub into the pouch that it forms at the front. This is a good pic

http://www.hugabub.com/flex/customer-gallery/85/1

You don't actually need a branded hug-a-bub, a very long piece of fabric will do (5+ metres depending how big you are) but if you can afford to get a hug-a-bub and that's the one you'd like to try then I would recommend just buying one rather than trying to suss out the best sort of fabrics. A second hand one would work just as well. Eg:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hug-a-bub...item3ce4fad529

Alternatively there are pouch style slings where the baby lies and is cuddled against your body. Ring slings are always pretty popular as you can adjust to your size.

Just remember that anything you get you will have to learn how to use it and there is always a chance that your baby might not like it. Give it a few goes though and talk to baby really positively when then get in there with lots of swaying and rocking about when you get them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm liking the look of the ring slings, they are pretty cheap so I think I'll get one & give it a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was tightly wrapped until 12mths plus @heartstringz - he just wouldn't sleep otherwise. I reckon he was about 14mths when he started to wean himself out of it.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I loved ring slings myself, but didn't suggest them due to your neck issues, as they are slung across your chest and over one shoulder, so can be a bit hard on the neck.
    With your issues, a wrap is probably going to be easier, as it is completely centred, thus not straining your neck, or feeling lop-sided on you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    I loved ring slings myself, but didn't suggest them due to your neck issues, as they are slung across your chest and over one shoulder, so can be a bit hard on the neck.
    With your issues, a wrap is probably going to be easier, as it is completely centred, thus not straining your neck, or feeling lop-sided on you.
    100% agree with this. You need to be very careful how you wear the ring sling and make sure you get one that 'fans out' behind the ring. The stretchy wrap spreads the weight so evenly. I loved my ring sling, they are super easy on the go, I would just worry about it hurting if you have neck problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks, ill look at wraps!

I was able to get some sleep yesterday cause dh took ds all evening & then ds slept most of the night

Having trouble today though. He keeps crying & doing feeding cues, even just after he's been fed. He wont take his dummy. So he's basically constantly on my boob so I cant even move out of my feeding chair.

Yesterday I hardly ate, im guessing today will be the same. - yesterday I was able to grab a bowl of cereal, half a sandwich before he cracked a mental & then I just never got to finish it, a small yoghurt & a microwave meal which I had to eat while feeding him (which made me anxious as it was hot, but otherwise I wouldnt hsve got any dinner). Im hoping one day I'll be able to eat enough during the day, but when he is either feeding, screaming or sleeping on me, I dont know what else I can do