+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I posted in your other thread. We aren't co sleepers either, because a. We didn't set out to be and even when we got DD in our bed it was party time and didn't sleep.

I'd rule out medical issues first as I mentioned in your other thread, but also if there aren't any medical issues, speak to your GP about the anxiety you get from all of the no sleeping and constant feeding and try and get a sleep school referral.
    Never co slept here either. Was never an option. Dd was similar to yours for first 6 weeks and ended up on reflex meds and we stopped them by 5 months (we were never really sure if she had silent reflux or not) when she had settled considerably. Slept in her swing (kept her upright and snug) for first 3 months. I really recommend (as others have mentioned in your other thread) a bouncer or swing. You can't kept holding him 24/7 it's just not possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi @heartstringz I saw this and thought of you. It might be helpful for you

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406420149.876487.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406420161.378531.jpg

I've heard a fair bit around the place of the "Triple P" program so hopefully it's of use to you. And hey, it's free so there's not much to lose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    if I stay in bed I will definitely fall asleep, which then ends up being cosleeping

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    But if you get some sleep does that matter?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (27-07-2014),CMF  (27-07-2014),FrothyFrog  (27-07-2014),MilkingMaid  (27-07-2014),peonies  (27-07-2014),Purple Lily  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But if you get some sleep does that matter?
    It matters to me because I dont want to roll onto bub or anything. Or for DH to roll onto bub.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best way to manage this?? - bub has now decided that during the night he just wants to feed constantly. I'll demand feed until he falls off my breast & falls asleep - usually I change his nappy then cause he can be very hard to wake up otherwise. He'll then want more food so I feed him again & he'll feed util he falls asleep again & falls off my breast. I cant wake him up so I assume he's done so I go to put him down & he just wakes up & wants more - often his dummy doesnt cut it. So k put him back on & it happens over & over again.

Im exhausted & cant keep sitting up all night waiting for him to wake up again & want more food, so whats the best thing to do?? I wont cosleep - not that that would make a difference anyway cause the second I go to put him down he just wakes up

Feed a bit, pull him off, change nappy if p00ey, don't change if just a no1.

Put back on b00b and feed to deep deep sleep, let him lie on you with nipple in mouth for an extra few mins and see if that will keep him asleep.

Co sleeping, could your dh sleep in the spare room while bub is still unsettled? Then you could sleep with bub, I lie down on my side, bub next to my b00b and let him suck and go for it. Am I'm asleep while he's doing so.

Even just day sleeps or the initial 7-10pm sleep till dh comes to bed with you (if u don't want dh to move out of your room). Then your dh could cjeck on you while you and bub get a bit of rest.

And I won't mention cosleeping again.
    Last edited by misho; 27-07-2014 at 13:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It matters to me because I dont want to roll onto bub or anything. Or for DH to roll onto bub.

Thats actually not as common as people would have you think if you do things safely.
    I had no choice with my first and no one at all in my immediate family had co slept with a baby, I was very frowned upon, but I had to sleep. Was the same with my second and she was a winter baby and we managed to stay safe.
    I had a nest type bed with my last baby and I've got one for this baby. With that set up it's impossible for anyone to roll onto them.
    But if baby won't be moved dh could sleep elsewhere til this phase passes.
    Some babies are very needy, demanding, whatever people want to call it. Sometimes you just have to do what works, it's never forever.
    Sorry to read you're still struggling.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (28-07-2014),Busy-Bee  (27-07-2014),meredithgreyxxx  (27-07-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-07-2014),Sonja  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:

I get that I feel the same way. But that's what I call "accidental" cosleeping (ie you fall asleep while feeding and are not set up properly for cosleeping). If you do it properly that won't happen. And that has to be an improvement on staying awake all night or leaving a newborn screaming in a cot.

I know you're struggling OP - I struggled a lot with my first as well. I do think you'd benefit from seeing your GP for a referral to a mother baby unit to help with the feeding and sleeping issues.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (28-07-2014),Purple Lily  (27-07-2014)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So you could look at getting up and feeding in a chair like you want to and then try putting bub in this

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07...71_500X500.jpg

Then bub is close to you, you can't suffocate bub but they are close enough for you to settle them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just a thought... If the problem is not medical related, you could try this as well? I just saw my sister trying to put my ds down for a nap as he was already full and sleepy. He would have fell asleep if I let him stay on my breast but I handed him to her. She held him until he fell asleep then she started rocking him in the same motion as she was just about to put him down on the bed iykwim.

She said sometimes babies wake up because they suddenly feel like they are falling backwards when being put down onto bed.

So she was holding him and rocking him first like she's just about to put him down. At first he startled but he got used to the movement and went back to sleep again. She continued rocking him for a while before putting him down very very gently and he still sort of opened his eyes a bit but didn't wake up! She kept her hands on his chest patting him until he was in deeper sleep.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peonies For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by peonies View Post
    Hi, just a thought... If the problem is not medical related, you could try this as well? I just saw my sister trying to put my ds down for a nap as he was already full and sleepy. He would have fell asleep if I let him stay on my breast but I handed him to her. She held him until he fell asleep then she started rocking him in the same motion as she was just about to put him down on the bed iykwim.

She said sometimes babies wake up because they suddenly feel like they are falling backwards when being put down onto bed.

So she was holding him and rocking him first like she's just about to put him down. At first he startled but he got used to the movement and went back to sleep again. She continued rocking him for a while before putting him down very very gently and he still sort of opened his eyes a bit but didn't wake up! She kept her hands on his chest patting him until he was in deeper sleep.
    One of the 5 ways to settle a baby is placing them down sideways. Placing them directly on their back can result in them startling themself awake

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (28-07-2014),peonies  (27-07-2014)