+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cant put him down at all, regardless of whether I have sidecared the cot etc - he just wakes up & cries for more food & wont take his dummy.

Its not 2 hourly feeds overnight - he feeds, sleeps for as long as I want to hold him & then feeds again. I cant sit up all night holding him & waiting for him to wake for the next feed. Im knackered & DH is going back to work on monday.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I cant put him down at all, regardless of whether I have sidecared the cot etc - he just wakes up & cries for more food & wont take his dummy.

Its not 2 hourly feeds overnight - he feeds, sleeps for as long as I want to hold him & then feeds again. I cant sit up all night holding him & waiting for him to wake for the next feed. Im knackered & DH is going back to work on monday.

Have you actually tried the side-car? DS wouldn't let me put him dow either until we got it. It was life changing for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I havent cause I didnt think it would work. our current bassinet is way too high so id have to buy another one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You can hire the bednest for a few months or you can side-car your cot if you already have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://babyology.com.au/nursery/upda...o-sleeper.html

ETA: you can hire it for just a week if you wanted to see if it works before committing longer.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 27-07-2014 at 06:08.

kiwimum890 is online now It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does bubs do a decent burp after feeds? If babies have a burp in them when laying down it is very uncomfortable for them and they will cry and squirm around. Perhaps it could be a bit of wind if you are putting bub down for a sleep when they have fallen asleep on the boob but then just wakes up again screaming. So maybe bub needs a burp instead of actually being hungry if that makes sense.
    Motherhood is a very tough gig and I promise it won't be like this forever.

http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/pregn...e/burping.html

I know you are not interested in co sleeping as you are worried about suffocating bubs but this might be an alternative option.

http://thefirstyears.com/close-secure-sleeper-cream

kiwimum890 is online now It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You sound so exhausted and overwhelmed! You poor thing! It is a really hard time, but I am not sure it's supposed to be quite as hard as you facing. I also don't believe co-sleeping is your only option.

Have you thought about a referral a mother baby unit? I am not sure where you live, but I am in Melbourne and there are a number of public and private ones around here. They have "sleep school" for babies who won't sleep (I think perhaps usually a bit older than your bub - maybe 8/10 weeks), but they also admit mothers who are having trouble adjusting in the weeks after bub is born, or where you have exhaustion, PND or anxiety. They can help with routine, sleep issues, feeding issues etc. They also get a GP to check bub to make sure there are no health issues. If you go public they usually prioritise according to need, so make sure you tell your GP and the hospital just how stressed and upset you really are. There is no point holding back or trying to keep it all together. If they don't know how you are feeling, they won't be able to help as much.

I went with my DD (much older though) for sleep issues and it was the best thing I ever did. We should've been much earlier. The nurses were so lovely and they really helped us overcome my DD's sleeping issues. It was amazing.

You usually need a referral from your GP (or maybe your MCHN?) so definitely discuss it with your GP if you think it is something that might help you.
    Last edited by hollypolly; 27-07-2014 at 08:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cot wont fit in our room.

I'll look at the bednest & the cozy sleeper but then it means im sitting in bed feeding before putting him down & that doesnt work for me - id rather get up, put the tv on etc so that I stay awake. if I stay in bed I will definitely fall asleep, which then ends up being cosleeping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    The cot wont fit in our room.

I'll look at the bednest & the cozy sleeper but then it means im sitting in bed feeding before putting him down & that doesnt work for me - id rather get up, put the tv on etc so that I stay awake. if I stay in bed I will definitely fall asleep, which then ends up being cosleeping

I posted in your other thread. We aren't co sleepers either, because a. We didn't set out to be and even when we got DD in our bed it was party time and didn't sleep.

I'd rule out medical issues first as I mentioned in your other thread, but also if there aren't any medical issues, speak to your GP about the anxiety you get from all of the no sleeping and constant feeding and try and get a sleep school referral.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-07-2014)