+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's pretty normal at first until their legs fatten up a bit, didn't last long for us. Unfortunately I think Huggies Newborn are the smallest you can get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks ladies!

Ill put a terry flat under him in bed so hopefully we can avoid changing the whole bed & ill buy more clothes & blankets.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go the fold down at the top!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey heartstringz, we had this problem as DS was only very little when we came home. You can get huggies Premmie nappies for under 3kg (I think they are called little snugglers). In the end I figured out a technique and we don't have leaks anymore.

Open nappy, stretch out sides and place baby on top. Make sure waist is fairly high for small bub. Frog leg your baby and stretch the inside elastic over baby's frogged legs as you bring front of nappy up. Try to cover a wider area by also stretching elastic outward. To check if nappy will leak (and needs adjustment) let babies legs sit naturally and peek inside the side. If inner elastic is not against skin (if there is a gap) the nappy will leak. To fix, pop bub on back, undo one Tab and inset a finger under the elastic and widen whilst pulling elastic out and up to tighten against bubs thigh. You are essentially pulling more of the nappy to the front. Re fasten and check again. Hope this helps! I can send you pics if needed- was a lifesaver as we were washing every outfit too!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had the exact problem to begin with-it stopped once he got a little bigger. Put a disposable change pad under the tery towel cloth as the pee goes straight thru the cloth too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (11-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huggies were terrible for my DS. I switched to Coles Comfy Bots and never had a problem since. The newborn pack is only about $6 so you won't lose much if they're no good.

I had been given some huggies crawler so tried them again once he grew a bit and they still leaked nearly every time. He's quite chunky so I don't think the narrow design of huggies suited him like it did my skinny DD.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I should have pointed out that we use Naty (the eco ones). As long as his willy is pointing down and leg elastic is fine we don't get leaks. They've been fine since newborn.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stuffed DS's nappies wth some cotton buds to soak up the pee until his frog legs fattened up! DD was even smaller so I just brought newborn MCN for the first few weeks then quickly sold them on for the same price..