+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm coming up to my 6th year of being a SAHM and I couldn't agree more. I've never embraced the whole SAHM thing. As much as I love being a mum and cherish the time I spend with my kids, I find the long hours.... day in, day out wear me down physically, mentally and emotionally. Since starting uni and having something outside of being a mum, I find my parenting has become so much more enjoyable. For both the kids and I. I feel like I've found my "spark" again and I'm happier.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-07-2014),Sonja  (10-07-2014),VicPark  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can still love your kids without being a SAHM.. I did it for 2 years with our eldest and hated it.. I was so happy to finally get out and be working again.. Not all of us are cut out for the daily grind of washing, cleaning, feeding and mundane children's shows.. But it doesn't mean we love our kids any less!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunnyderu For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (12-07-2014),mrswhitehouse  (10-07-2014),Ngaiz  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love this! Big hugs to you. I can't fully relate as I was running a business when DS was born and started to work more from 4 months onwards. Even now if I have a full day with just us two, I have a great time but wonder how I could do a whole week, every week. Especially these last 2 weeks with uni holidays, I find I become quite unmotivated when I am not challenging myself.

Not everyone can be a SAHM and that's fine. But you should definitely talk with your DH about your feelings and work out a solution to benefit everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You should be a writer! I found your post fantastic (if not a little scary as I'm going to take a year off with this one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only skimmed the responses but it seems like I'm the only one who found op post really sad.
    I cannot relate in any way because I always wanted to be a sahm (for so many reasons) and I am. It's all I ever have been and at this point, pregnant with my 6th child and home schooling I have no desire to be anything other. I'm grateful that I can live the life of my choice.
    My opinion is you should do something about returning to your previous job. No kid wants an unhappy mother. Your partner should not want an unhappy wife either.
    I don't find it funny at all, but then I'm always told I'm too serious. But life is short and we shouldn't be made to feel trapped, especially by those we love. Good luck

eta I also have two children with asd and one with anxiety, possible ADHD. I'd rather deal with thar any day than have to go to a job and out up with strangers bs! But that's just me.
    Last edited by Bluebirdgirl; 10-07-2014 at 11:40.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (10-07-2014),Fiery  (11-07-2014),Mrs Tickle  (11-07-2014),mrswhitehouse  (10-07-2014),Sookie Stackedhouse  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a wonderfully written honest post. I'm not a sahm as I work two days a week but don't feel like a working parent either iykwim. I agree with pp that have said have you thought about writing? When we become parents it's easy to forget who we are but I think we all need something's that are just us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh gosh OP so much of what you posted rings true to me. I thought id absolutely love being a SAHM and sometimes I do...but sometimes I feel stuck and lile I have nowhere to go with my life. Hugs xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was a SAHM for a few years, went back to full time when DD was 15 months, that was Feb 2013. I was bored as a SAHM, felt quite isolated and lonely as I don't have a huge network of friends.

I feel like I'm much more balanced as a working mum, and really appreciate the time with my kids much more now that I'm working. I just generally feel like I contribute more to the community and am happier for it. I really admire people who are totally happy as a SAHM, it's a relentless job and can be hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Being a full time SAHM is not for me either. I get bored and under-satisfied.

A can you get a job? Even a part time one?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mrstickle. you should seriously take up writing as a career. that was a most enjoyable read. I was a sahm for ten years and I really did enjoy it. That was back in the days with only the tv for entertainment. only landline phones, no computers. we all went to playgroup or a church group, or you visited family. that was about all there was to do. There was very few child care centres, maybe only one or two in each suburb, so it was not easy to get a place. Anyway, I think it is true 'you are only as happy as you choose to be', so we make the most of what we have and carry on. marie.