+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this in another thread but thought it relevant here too. I can cope with doing it all on my own and not getting as much as what I wanted done but it makes it so much worse getting criticised ! DH has very physical job and is tired he comes home and if he sees toys scattered will pick em up then start grumbling how I spoil kids letting them have toys ??? Then does a huff while changing DS nappy as I'm breastfeeding and didn't change him before hand. And then says don't worry darling look I'm helping you, I think yes and your writing it down too. have a 5 year old, 3andhalf yr old, nearly 2 year old, 7 month old n I'm preg. all at home with me no school or care and I get the hmmm look from inlaws and husbands family when they do a surprise drop by during the day like my house should be sparkling! I don't stop and I get my house looking sparking only for it to be undone in 5 min and when I mention that to DH family they say really why are your kids like that - and it rubs off on DH and drops comments about the house arrrrg @&);4"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    I posted this in another thread but thought it relevant here too. I can cope with doing it all on my own and not getting as much as what I wanted done but it makes it so much worse getting criticised ! DH has very physical job and is tired he comes home and if he sees toys scattered will pick em up then start grumbling how I spoil kids letting them have toys ??? Then does a huff while changing DS nappy as I'm breastfeeding and didn't change him before hand. And then says don't worry darling look I'm helping you, I think yes and your writing it down too. have a 5 year old, 3andhalf yr old, nearly 2 year old, 7 month old n I'm preg. all at home with me no school or care and I get the hmmm look from inlaws and husbands family when they do a surprise drop by during the day like my house should be sparkling! I don't stop and I get my house looking sparking only for it to be undone in 5 min and when I mention that to DH family they say really why are your kids like that - and it rubs off on DH and drops comments about the house arrrrg @&);4"?
    Omg you are a champion!! Im a SAHM with a 9 week old and a 15yr old and I struggle with that I take my hat off to you I really do!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Omg you are a champion!! Im a SAHM with a 9 week old and a 15yr old and I struggle with that I take my hat off to you I really do!

Don't worry I haven't met anyone who didn't find their first too the hardest. It's hard having one it's hard having 10. Obviously more work with the more you have but having any number of kids are tough. It's hard but I try and cope by reminding myself - there is always someone worse off than me. I will have 10 min of yelling and 3 seconds later in ore sitting on the floor with my kids watching my kids play together then 10min later I'm back to huffing. I hope my kids don't look back and think what a witch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy5ormore For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    Don't worry I haven't met anyone who didn't find their first too the hardest. It's hard having one it's hard having 10. Obviously more work with the more you have but having any number of kids are tough. It's hard but I try and cope by reminding myself - there is always someone worse off than me. I will have 10 min of yelling and 3 seconds later in ore sitting on the floor with my kids watching my kids play together then 10min later I'm back to huffing. I hope my kids don't look back and think what a witch.
    No way they won't! They'll look back and say "my mum was amazing!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh93 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, I am so sick of being told, "at least you don't have to work", why do people not understand looking after a child 24/7 is infact a difficult task! Being able to go to work sounds like a damn good vacation to me.
    as for you comment about bookaboo, I could not agree more! I can't stand him, or a multitude of the other brain numbing shows.
    I feel myself getting dumber, and like you I also think, okay well what did I do today.
    thank you for your post, you've said everything so well. Hopefully a SAHM hater reads this and pulls their big head out of their you know what
    Your right about work being a vacation! I work part time (3 days a week) and those 3 days are a whole lot easier than the 4 at home . Different challenges of course but looking after little ones is constant! I admire SAHM's! I'll likely be on mat leave again in a few months time for a year without a job to go back to so I may be a full time SAHM for a while and I know it will be tough!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree wholeheartedly. Having kids took away my identity and I struggle to play second fiddle to DP ( not that everyone does, just how I feel in the dynamics of my relationship).

I look forward to a time where I can move on from this chapter. I look forward to my children seeing me work and being able to experience more of the world with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    hheehe OP I loved this post and it made me giggle. Very well written and I did relate to a lot of it, however

I work, 3 days per week, and feel the exact opposite to you. I despise having to go to work so much. I was so much happier when I was at home.

Different strokes for different folks! I'd swap with you any day, then we could both be happy! Haha.
    Yep this is me too - stayed at home for 3 years and loved it ( I do only have 1 easy kid with plenty of support so I did find it easy) I also work 3 days a week but I still hate it and I shouldn't as it's my own business but id much prefer to stay at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh OP your post was sooo cute. I'm sorry if that sounds like a bad thing to say it's just how it struck me

Don't worry! Theres advantages and disadvantages to both working and not. Judging is the only bad thing. Your personality matters as to whether you enjoy staying at home or not, plus circumstances change (as have yours) and it's definitely time for jobs/day care for you! And in no way should you feel that as a SAHM you shouldn't complain. Everyone, even the richest person with the perfect family and no problems still is allowed to complain and to FEEL.