+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stupid fears now that I have kids

Since having my kids I seem to worry a lot that I am going to die. I had gallstones after having my twins last year and the first time I got them I drove myself to the hospital while DH looked after the kids at home, I thought I was having a heart attack. (I know it was stupid to drive myself) now my leg has been hurting for the last 4 weeks and I have been worried that I have a blood clot. Any little twinge worries me for a second before I realise it's stupid.

Also I sometimes I worry about leaving them with my mum. Worry that she won't be paying attention and something will happen.

I know they stupid things to worry about but I just don't know how to stop myself.

Does anyone else have a fear they think is stupid but can't stop themselves feeling the worry???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, absolutely. I am well known for my calm, easygoing nature however since having kids I worry constantly. I worry something will happen to them, or to me to take me away from them :-(

I worry about some of the most unlikely events too, any little (or big) thing that could happen and what I would/could/should do in each situation! I especially worry at night when I'm going to sleep, or if I get woken by them through the night sometimes I can take hours to get back to sleep I'm so busy worrying!!

I've resigned myself to the fact it's how life is now and just try to keep things in perspective. I think I'll always worry about my children, regardless of their age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes, I think I will always worry about the kids too. I think that probably comes with the title :-).

It's a crazy feeling, so hard to explain to people. The worry about leaving them without a mum scares me. I know I am not doing the best job every day but i still want to be here for them and protect them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually go to a therapist about this exact same thing! It has help me so much and now I can actually get on with things than having panic attacks about it.

As soon as a thought comes into your head, tell yourself it will be all fine and push it away - even if you do it 50 times a day just tell the thought to move on!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsrulz For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kids definitely make you stress!

If your anxiety is getting a bit overwhelming though, it's definitely worth seeing someone about it. I always had mild anxiety but since DD2 it has been out of control, brought on my PND. So if it's getting to the all consuming stage, it's worth seeing a psychologist or counsellor.

One thing I do when a panic comes on is trying and think about why I'm anxious. Then, even it's it's totally irrational, I think of a plan for if the worst case scenario were to take place. So I have plans in place for who will have the girls should something happen to me/DH, what would happen if something happened to just me and DH were to be on his own with the girls etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't suffer from anxiety but I find myself worrying like this from time to time too.
    I got particularity bad while I was pregnant on DS2 and the focus was on DS1...I thought no one could look after him, that his dad would fall asleep while with him in the park etc etc, worked myself right up one day.
    But I remember reading about anxiety shortly after and it clicked with me, that's all it was.
    Worry.
    I must have had some fears about being able to cope with two children, dividing my time between them and making sure DS1 wasn't getting pushed aside for the new baby.
    Once I recognised that's all it was (an anxious wobble) I've been able to knock it on the head when it creeps in again.
    I don't have any other issues like panic attacks or anything else, just this from time to time so I wouldn't class myself as an anxious person.
    My sister has full blown attacks so I know what they're like.
    Like Anjalee said above, when I find my mind running away with itself, I dig deep and see what's bothering me and it's usually stops it in it's tracks.

I hope the answers you get here help like the article I read that day, it gave me control over it