+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end with my sons behaviour

Please excuse me if i ramble on a bit but i need to vebt where i know i have caring ears to listen
    i am In tears as I write this I dont know what to do anymore. My son is 4 years old and he is just so naughty I have no other words for it. He bever listens it takes all my effort to get his attention to get him to do anything!! He is very quick to anger and if he doesnt get what he wants he chucks massive tantrums which can get violent. When he gets angry he grits his teeth and clenches h8s fists. But the worst thing is he just doesnt listen wont stand still when I am trying to help him get dressed. He always has to be making noise. And be right in my face. I ask him to stop but he of course doesnt listen. Going to the dr next week but not really sure what to ask for from the dr but dont know what else to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Pick your battles. Ignore the small things. Praise when he is doing the right thing. Set up a sticker chart of 3 desired behaviours for the week and get him to choose from some prize ax like go to the park with you, go to movies, something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have a Child & Youth Health centre nearby? You can find their locations here:
    http://www.cyh.com/Locations/LocationSearch.aspx?p=103
    They have access to a lot of resources. If you can make an appointment to discuss his behaviour, they may be able to point you in the direction of appropriate support services/parenting classes/medical practitioners depending on what seems to be at play.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 10-07-2014 at 00:20. Reason: Link not permitted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's possible he may be on the autistic spectrum. Probably not what you want to hear but you do learn how to deal with them better once they are diagnosed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    It's possible he may be on the autistic spectrum. Probably not what you want to hear but you do learn how to deal with them better once they are diagnosed.
    Definitely sounds like a possibility. Best getting a referral to a paed or psych and going from there.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Or he just may be naughty (sorry)

Maybe you could try a parenting course? Triple p or 123 magic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndtimemumma View Post
    Please excuse me if i ramble on a bit but i need to vebt where i know i have caring ears to listen
    i am In tears as I write this I dont know what to do anymore. My son is 4 years old and he is just so naughty I have no other words for it. He bever listens it takes all my effort to get his attention to get him to do anything!! He is very quick to anger and if he doesnt get what he wants he chucks massive tantrums which can get violent. When he gets angry he grits his teeth and clenches h8s fists. But the worst thing is he just doesnt listen wont stand still when I am trying to help him get dressed. He always has to be making noise. And be right in my face. I ask him to stop but he of course doesnt listen. Going to the dr next week but not really sure what to ask for from the dr but dont know what else to do
    My 4yo son sounds a lot like yours, he also is,waiting to see a speech therapist which I hope will help and Drs appointment to work out a mental health plan. He is a very emotional boy when he is happy boy is he so happy and awesome to be around he has so much love and expresses each emotion to the fullest. When he is angry he also clenches his fist stomps and lately has began to pull at his hair, he also has began to put his fist up. It's getting worse he will tantrum while out now which he has never done before. He grits his teeth when happy and excited and when angry. He talks nonstop as well.
    He craves attention all the time he gets loads but it's never enough.
    I find he settles much better with positive reinforcement and cuddles but when he pushes me to my limits I will put him in his room to take a breather and let him,scream. I bought a book we read together about feelings it called when I get angry.
    I haven't tried yet but have just read about making him a quite place fill a empty water bottle and fill it with water and glitter when he feels like going to his quite place the bottle is supposed to be a calming tool shake it and watch the glitter fall.
    It's so hard but your not alone pm me if you want to chat more, and thank you for posting this I have been thinking of posting similar for the last few weeks, I will also have a look at the links.