+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ErinJess have u had bubs yet?
    My first ivf failed.
    One of my embies had chromosome issues.
    So I have one good embie left for my last try at the end of this month.
    And its a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarah1982 sorry to hear your first cycle didn't work, fingers crossed this next emby is the one. How are you coping with all the ups and downs!

Yes baby Grayson arrived 21/4 3.210kgs at 1506, he's 3w3d old now and it feels like he has always been a part of our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. Congrats. And wishing yas a life time of love, happiness, and memories.

Im doing ok. Just trying not to think about anything to make me get stressed.
    Altho I do have that feeling that It will never happen for me. I just cant seem to stay positive lately. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks love we are very happy.

Try to stay positive you will be amazed how much your stress levels play apart in conceiving. On the two cycles we conceived I made a huge effort to be relaxed and positive, I did some meditation using an app called smiling mind they have short 5min sessions which were great being a busy working mum.

It's been a long hard road for you to this point but if think there are people that have had it tougher it might make things a bit easier.

I hope this time next year you are exhausted from sleepless nights and getting lots of cuddles from your newborn baby

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1431722764.225368.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. And WOW. They are both sooooo beautiful. xXx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI using Donor sperm

Hi @ErinJess,
    I'm new to this forum business... Still trying to figure it out. I live in Brisbane and am about to make appointments with clinics regarding IUI with donor sperm. I have a 12yr daughter whom I have raised on my own whilst going back to Tafe to get a yr 12 equiv and then onto uni to Gain 2 degrees in Radiographer and the Sonography. My Daughter, despite being raised by just me has done amazingly well, is school captain and has scholarship for private high school next year. So I'm confident that I've got this single parenting thing down pat (maybe lol) only this time round I hope I can enjoy bub more not having to be studying all the time! Anywho I noticed ur post somewhere that mentioned you used QFG? Just wondering how that went for you? How many rounds did it take for you to fall pregnant? I'm also curious about the choice of donor sperm? Approximately how many choices where there and was there variety of ethnic background? I've have appointment for this Thurs with Life fertility but they only have 12-15 donors on their list atm. I also have an appointment booked also for QFG who I wanted to see first but couldn't get in to see them until the following Thursday but I think they said they had about 35 donors... Would love some info from you regarding the process and ur experience! Thanks in advance, Kylie
    Last edited by Holkg; 13-09-2016 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kylie,

Good luck on your journey.
    We used QFG on the Gold Coast. At the time 2012 we only had about a dozen donors to choose from however there was a range of different ethnicities available.

We made our choice based on medical history of the donor and physical attributes, we found it an easy decision and now have two healthy boys.

For both conceptions I fell pregnant on the second attempt of iui, which is less
    Expensive and less invasive than ivf.

How did your appointments go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ErinJess for sharing!
    I had my appointment at LifeFertility and got a great good vibe from them so after a lot of 'umming' ended up cancelling my other appointments.
    It surprised me though that they ended up suggesting ICSI for me but despite the extra cost I am happy with there reasons why and I like the idea of possibly having embryos Frozen tif I decided to have more babies.
    I havr started my counselling sessions already and actually have my nurses appointment today to get the run down on how things work from here onwards... I'm hoping to also see the Donor profiles today too. If all goes to plan I should be starting first round in the next 3-4wks .... I'm trying to play it cool but its all getting pretty exciting that it's now becoming a reality and not just a vision I've had for so long.
    So glad everything worked out for you and your boys!
    If you think of anything else I need to know or advice you may have, I'm all Ears 😊
    Kylie