+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarah1982 sounds like you might have a few decisions to make. Does your current clinic have ivf donor sperm available once you've been through counselling? Starting at a new clinic is a big step, if the wait time is less and your not overly attached to your FS then I'd say go for it, not having to travel would be less stressful too.

The waiting part sucks when we decided to try for number two the clinic said it could be 3-6 months before our sperm arrives because they'd just placed an order. We really wanted to start right away, in the end it was a realitively small wait for our kids to have the same donor. The sperm arrived in 6 weeks so we were stoked.

Afm nearly 11 weeks having our NT scan on the 21st then we can book into hospital. Would really like another boy, they are super cool, guess we will know in a few more weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ErinJess either clinic they said would be upto a 3-6month wait.
    I dont really like my FS at all so no hassle there. Also Repromed said I wont have to do more cancelling coz I have already done it and doesnt understand why mine said I would have too.. I told them this morning that I wanted them to send my files over to me. Coz I have my first consaltation with repromed on 5th nov. They were happy to do so as apprently they work clise together. I know its ages away but hoping ivf 1 will work and get my miracle. Or hoping the accept bribes. Lol.

Wow thats gone fast..im with you. Boys all the way. I work with about 15-20 girls. And 2 males. Oh the *****iness. Hahah.
    Good luck with ur scans. Be sure to let us know how u go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Accept bribes to go straight to the top of the list. Thought I should clarify. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @whosurnanny good luck today hope it's a bfp

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ErinJess it's not 😞 bfn on 2 consecutive days (13 & 14dpiui). Now waiting for AF so I can make an appt with FS to see where to go from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear whosurnanny hopefully your FS has a great plan to get you bfp next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I'm new to the forum and to the whole AID. Had my first stimulated AID yesterday morning 23/10/14 so now the TWW is on

I'm going it alone at 46, maybe crazy but I've always wanted and loved kids - damn career meant I left things very late, but hopefully not too late!!!

I started my FSH on the 13/10/14. 1st blood test on day 8 FS were really happy with my estrogen level of 1726. I wouldn't have a clue if this is good or bad

BT & U/S day 9 resulting in 4 fols - 2 right 15mm & 13mm which they said was good?? 2 left only 6 & 4mm, so hoping the right ones are mature and healthy!!

The FS said donor sperm count was 12,000 and looked really good..sounds low when you think a male produces up to 1.2billion sperm at a time. Anyway, it's well above their lowest cut off point, so I hope that is good.

Funny though, when I went in for the AID I was told to lay there for 15 minutes after. I dosed or time just went by way quicker than I realised. I looked at my watch and 45 minutes had past. Stuck my head out the door and asked if someone was coming back. Poor lady forgot me..ha ha. Oh well I had more 'cooking' time. Anyway fingers crossed

Would love to know if anyone had similar results to me and had success. I know we are all different, but the more positives we hear the better I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @MissyMoo68, welcome to the thread.
    I have previously done 3 rounds of IUI without success, and have moved on to IVF.
    There are certainly ladies around here who have been successful on the first IUI, it happens for some!
    My only advice for the TWW would be to keep busy, and plan some nice things to do over the wait. I found that POAS wasn't particularly helpful, and will be holding out as long as possible next round.
    Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jk565...thank you!

It's funny, I thought I had the TWW all sorted because 'normally' time literally flies in my world. I'm usually that busy as I work for myself from home and have just started a new business as well. But as fate would have it, this week has been the quietest in the history of the world!! My business has gone so quiet I am literally twiddling my thumbs. I didn't organise any outings or anything thinking I would be busy...hmmm but on the up side, I've had an extremely relaxed, snoozie kind of week!! Good timing to let the little eggies nest!!

What I did do was to read through the entire thread. Congrats @ErinJess I hope all of your 12wk tests went well!!
    Good luck @whosurnanny for next month, fingers crossed for you for a bfp. @sarah1982 I live in country NSW and went to Canberra for my treatment. They have access to donor sperm from the US and the wait was only a week or two. I know that probably doesn't help given you are in SA, but just thought I would mention it. I'm using Canberra Fertility Centre www.cfc.net.au @Jk565 good luck with your IVF, looking forward to hearing a bfp from you!

Anyway, it would seem from all my research in my down time and all of my questions today after my iui+7 BT that all is on track. It means little as I'm sure everyone here knows better than me, but I've done everything I can - good health, plenty of rest, no stress, eating organic, lots of water, exercise (not enough of that though ) and I'm taking the best supplements ever, so now it's up to the universe. I'm a very positive laid back type of person and not one for stressing over things I can't control (nearly forgot to call for my results today!!) And as disappointed as I will be if this doesn't work, I won't have any regrets and life really is pretty good, so I'll let life do it's thing.

Something I did to help with the 'no stress' was to ask a lot of other questions, so now my mind isn't working over time. For the record I did the following:

Day 2 to 10 - Puregon 75
    Day 9 - BT estrogen 1726
    Day 10 - BT & U/S - endo 11mm type 2 - 3, 4 follicles - 2 right 15 & 13mm 2 left 6 & 4mm (left ovaries obviously had the week off ) They like follicles to be on average 18mm at the time of ovulation, so mine were probably 19 & 17mm if they grew no more than the average of 2mm a day. The 15mm fol was nice and round, the 13mm was more egg shaped
    Day 10 - 9pm Trigger stop Puregon
    Day 12 - 11.30 am IUI - they like to insem 36hrs after trigger but made mine a little later in case I was driving to Canberra that morning and got stuck in traffic
    IUI+2 - Start Pessaries
    IUI+7 BT - E2 569 & P4 113 (they like P4 to be above 60)
    Next BT for P4 & QhCG this Saturday (I won't get the results till Monday) - this is 2 days earlier than scheduled. They told me they are hoping for a bfp or indication this Saturday. Maybe they like to check earlier because of the two follicles at my age??? I'm 46

Anyway

Sorry for the essay..too much time on my hands and massive sleep in this morning .. lol .. nite all. Sweet baby growing dreams to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just about to ring for my IUI +13 HCG BT results but given my +11 came it at less than 5, I know what they will be Not sure why they even bother getting the next test but anyway, guess they need to check in case my levels are naturally low. I cheated though and did a HPT which was a bfn. Gave me time to register it rather than have it hanging over my head all day. What I do next will depend on the answers I get to my questions.
    I had been managing my expectations really well until I was told how good everything was looking..oh well I am realistic, it was always a very very long shot at my age