+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rozzie. I had a very traumatic "emergency" c-section with my first. I was induced and it was totally out of control. I wanted to be in control of things the second time around and desperately wanted to experience a spontaneous, natural labour and birth. My labour and birth (up until there was a rush to get her out at the end) were incredible and empowering. I loved labour. I wouldn't have been happy having an elective c-section.
    I think that if you don't have that longing to experience labour and birth then it's a different story. Go with your gut - if you would be happier having a c-section then that should be totally up to you, but you shouldn't let other women's stories scare you. There are plenty of positive stories. Maybe focus on those

2. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzie1976 View Post
    Kazza - I'm not sure I think she may have taken a long, long time to fully heal. I cannot even imagine tearing right through all muscle from A to B! I know there are plenty of horror stories out there ( and google is full of those stories), but it doesn't surprise me it takes women a long time to recover from such trauma! She's one of my closest friends so don't think she was trying to scare me, but both having had a c section due to breech babies 1st time around would often talk of hoping to have a VBAC next pregnancy.

Well she got her opportunity and wished she could have gone back and have a repeat CS after all the issues her birth caused. Obviously her situation falls into the minority of births, but there's no guarantees and it scares the hell out of me! Especially when she also had a great CS experience and like myself, recovered very quickly.

perhaps a case of better the devil you know? If you're happy with the recovery that comes with a c-section, then maybe its the way to go for you.

Why do you want to have a VBAC? To avoid the recovery of a c-section? If so a c-section will 100% involve a recovery, whereas a vaginal birth the odds of having an easy recovery are far far higher than with c-section.

Depends how risk adverse you are I guess!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Futuremumma
    That sounds similar to me. On the back quick/rushed labour
    Healed completely in 4 weeks ish
    But pelvic floor weakness/slight prolapse/ heavy feeling I was told was not related to the tear at all. Just hormones for 6 months post.
    Futuremumma can I ask what was the recovery for you?
    Hi Kazz. I'm now 10 months post. I still have a moderately weak pelvic floor and slight bladder prolapse (but not unlike many second time mothers). I have a lot of tenderness on the scar line which I need to get checked out. I felt like most healing was done by 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by Kazza78; 20-07-2014 at 15:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    perhaps a case of better the devil you know? If you're happy with the recovery that comes with a c-section, then maybe its the way to go for you.

Why do you want to have a VBAC? To avoid the recovery of a c-section? If so a c-section will 100% involve a recovery, whereas a vaginal birth the odds of having an easy recovery are far far higher than with c-section.

Depends how risk adverse you are I guess!
    Thanks Allie, that's exactly what someone else said to me perhaps better the devil you do know than the devil you don't! I initially wanted a vbac just to have that experience of labour really. To be honest though as weeks have passed, and obviously the closer it gets, there have been numerous things that have worried or scared me. ESP after such a positive CS experience like you say.

Weve spent 3 yrs trying to conceive again and were lucky enough to fall on our 1st IVF round, totally blessed. So uterine rupture was the first worry, then just all the stories I suppose I'd let myself read. And being a low risk hospital I think it just makes me that bit more nervous.

It's amazing that there is such a low percentage of women who suffer 3rd or 4th degree tearing, yet more than half my friends and their birth stories fall into that category!

i will just take each day as it comes I guess and focus on the positive that bub will be here one way or another soon. It's been posterior for a month now which worries me now incase it doesn't turn.
    Last edited by Rozzie1976; 20-07-2014 at 17:29.