+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just out of curiosity rozzie1976
    What part did they say took so long to heal -months and months like they told you? The actual area I thought healed very quickly. I bet they are just trying to scare you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kazza - I'm not sure I think she may have taken a long, long time to fully heal. I cannot even imagine tearing right through all muscle from A to B! I know there are plenty of horror stories out there ( and google is full of those stories), but it doesn't surprise me it takes women a long time to recover from such trauma! She's one of my closest friends so don't think she was trying to scare me, but both having had a c section due to breech babies 1st time around would often talk of hoping to have a VBAC next pregnancy.

Well she got her opportunity and wished she could have gone back and have a repeat CS after all the issues her birth caused. Obviously her situation falls into the minority of births, but there's no guarantees and it scares the hell out of me! Especially when she also had a great CS experience and like myself, recovered very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't avoid tearing.....two ventouse attempts then a few attempts with the forceps. I had a failed epidural where my spine was punctured so would have had to be put under for a c section so this was deemed better than that. My tearing didn't go right through but was large and internal tearing upwards as well. It's taken three months to feel normal, i was on voltran and Panadol max dosage daily till ten weeks and now at 15 weeks still having trouble with tampons and very mild soreness.
    My sister however spent 6 months having ultrasound therapy due to her tearing, another friend who had an episiotomy healed quickly and was back running a few weeks later.....you just really don't have control over what happens in some instances. We all birthed at the same hospital with three different obstetricians.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess everyone heals differently
    I almost tore right through and was fine walking around properly after a week and tear fully healed at 4 weeks

Shaeleejane.
    I was told the not being able to use tampons and heaviness was due to slight bladder prolapse and weakened pelvic floor due to hormones from breast feeding not related to the tear at all.
    Last edited by Kazza78; 10-07-2014 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaeleejane - thanks so much for your response. Your story and sister's I guess are examples of a scenario I am talking about. BY 3 months down the track after my CS I felt amazing, even 10 days post birth I felt a tad sore but was only on normal panadol until day 3. I'm sorry you have taken a long time to heal, and your poor sister has had a very rough time. I guess it also comes down to the individual aswell. I know another lady that ahd 4th degree tearing and had physio for a year post birth due to incontinence troubles and the damage that was caused.

I hope you feel better soon, love hearing all these stories thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Yeah I guess everyone heals differently
    I almost tore right through and was fine walking around properly after a week and tear fully healed at 4 weeks

Shaeleejane.
    I was told the not being able to use tampons and heaviness was due to slight bladder prolapse and weakened pelvic floor due to hormones from breast feeding not related to the tear at all.
    I'm pretty sure I have some degree of rectal prolapse but that is getting better interesting in regards to the breast feeding and pelvic floor....my baby wouldn't breastfeed AT ALL, not once opened his mouth to try to latch on. We think it was due to the birth trauma (he lost the last of his scabs from the lacerations at 13 weeks) however I'm great at lactation so maybe it's still due to the hormones?
    Either way I'm able to ride my horse now and only have slight issues with incontinence while I'm doing so! Gee this baby making can be mortifying!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SHAELEEJANE For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have some degree of rectal prolapse but that is getting better interesting in regards to the breast feeding and pelvic floor....my baby wouldn't breastfeed AT ALL, not once opened his mouth to try to latch on. We think it was due to the birth trauma (he lost the last of his scabs from the lacerations at 13 weeks) however I'm great at lactation so maybe it's still due to the hormones?
    Either way I'm able to ride my horse now and only have slight issues with incontinence while I'm doing so! Gee this baby making can be mortifying!
    Yeah I had 2 doctors and psysio tell me the vaginal lumps (bladder/rectal), pain/heaviness is all to do with hormones and bf not the tear
    Interesting my slight soreness from my 'lump' (bladder) stopped when I suspected I ovulated and bam 2 two weeks later af. At 14 weeks pp
    I am only 15 weeks pp now
    So I will let you know if the slight bladder prolapse now rises a bit over the coming months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op. as everyone else has said, the chance of a 3rd and more so, 4th degree tear is very slim. I had a 4th degree tear with my vbac 10 months ago. I felt all healed at around 8 weeks post but the full recovery has taken months. I have healed well but still have quite a weak pelvic floor (not necessarily directly related to the tear). Despite the longer recovery, I would not have wished for a caesarean instead. I would stop googling and start imagining the birth you want. My tear was a result of very forceful pushing, on my back in an emergency situation. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Hi op. as everyone else has said, the chance of a 3rd and more so, 4th degree tear is very slim. I had a 4th degree tear with my vbac 10 months ago. I felt all healed at around 8 weeks post but the full recovery has taken months. I have healed well but still have quite a weak pelvic floor (not necessarily directly related to the tear). Despite the longer recovery, I would not have wished for a caesarean instead. I would stop googling and start imagining the birth you want. My tear was a result of very forceful pushing, on my back in an emergency situation. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Sorry you suffered such an awful tear hun. If you don't mind me asking, having taken months to make a full recovery, why would you not have wanted a cesarean? Is it because of awful CS stories you've heard or personal preference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Futuremumma
    That sounds similar to me. On the back quick/rushed labour
    Healed completely in 4 weeks ish
    But pelvic floor weakness/slight prolapse/ heavy feeling I was told was not related to the tear at all. Just hormones for 6 months post.
    Futuremumma can I ask what was the recovery for you?
    Last edited by Kazza78; 19-07-2014 at 11:52.