Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default June 2014 IVF/FET and anyone else looking for support group...#2

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Thanks ladies sorry for the me posts I am not on here much at all now but just felt I had to share. I haven't told genea about the mastisis as they haven't called me. Technically I am still waiting for my official blood test results call from Genea from three weeks ago. I emailed them three days after I did my bloods and they emailed me back said they were unsure of what happened and why I hadn't been contacted, confirmed BFN and told me they would call me in a week or so to check up on me. That hasn't happened.
    The mastisis has settled down some what, the pain is gone, the redness has lessened. I can see my nipple now which has made me some what happy. I have a few massive lumps in the area but am guessing they are associated with it as they have been there since Friday last week but because of the red ness and my nipple disappearing and the pain, and the swelling OMG I freaked out more about those symptoms. I never, ever expected it to happen and my doctors here say it is because of the hormones from IVF.
    that's awful you've been through that on top of already a bfn. Hope it's on the mend soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies sorry for the me posts I am not on here much at all now but just felt I had to share. I haven't told genea about the mastisis as they haven't called me. Technically I am still waiting for my official blood test results call from Genea from three weeks ago. I emailed them three days after I did my bloods and they emailed me back said they were unsure of what happened and why I hadn't been contacted, confirmed BFN and told me they would call me in a week or so to check up on me. That hasn't happened.
    The mastisis has settled down some what, the pain is gone, the redness has lessened. I can see my nipple now which has made me some what happy. I have a few massive lumps in the area but am guessing they are associated with it as they have been there since Friday last week but because of the red ness and my nipple disappearing and the pain, and the swelling OMG I freaked out more about those symptoms. I never, ever expected it to happen and my doctors here say it is because of the hormones from IVF.
    Man... You have gotten a rotten apple there haven't you... I'm so sorry for your issues this time around...when I get home you and I should get together for a coffee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar thing happened to me last year with my breasts - except the lump turned out to be a tumour and I now have to fly to brissie for yearly monitoring as the tumour has grown through the breast, not as a discrete lump (pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia). Sometimes this type of tumour requires a mastectomy because of mass effect despite not being malignant. It is also progesterone dependent and therefore related to the hormonal induction, which results in totally deranged physiology, which is why it can make us so sick, and have extreme side effects. Never forget that ohss is potentially fatal. It feels really unfair at times but this is the current technology we have agreed to use., or should I say subject ourselves to. At the time it was really hard to take as I had had a large fibroid out previously and was stimming. It's still hard to take having being diagnosed with a new polyp in the uterus recently. You just can't let it get the better of you because you will only perpetuate a non productive cycle of becoming angry and depressed about everything and eventually being quite bitter about your life.

When the going gets tough.....the tough get going. This is a choice, and happiness is a form of courage. Things get challenging, sure, but we as Ivf women have the opportunity to discover and to celebrate the fact that we are not made of glass. This in itself is a hidden gift of Ivf.

Frances, pies or not, you have inspired me beyond words. We should all have a pie to celebrate, haha!

Geneas follow up of you Sharlee in a nutshell is quite crap, I'd be incredibly disappointed as you are in their lack of sensitivity and follow up care also. I wouldn't take that lying down though, I'd probably write an email to the clinical coordinator asking if this is the culture of Genea and that you would have expected more, and letting them know the complications you are currently having as a result of their treatment. And if your lump doesn't settle you need to make sure someone is doing some imaging and investigating it properly.

Soques how are your embies going?

KayZ and everyone else.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 09-07-2014 at 08:04.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (09-07-2014),KayzB  (09-07-2014),Soques  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @butterfly thank you. I am going to write a complaint to genea as I am a bit upset by the whole thing really. I had an unltrasound done on Monday of both my breasts, results should be in today.

It the lump seems to be settling down. I am on antibiotics and each day it seems to improve a bit more however thank you so much for your advice. It comes as a major surprose to me to read all of that. I am sorry about your issues including the current ones. Your right it certainly isn't easy.x

@soquez yes we should. Let me know when your back home and settled in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques excellent news on 100% fertilisation! When is your transfer booked for? @Sharlee32 and @Butterfly39 I am sorry to hear about everything you have had to go through on top of the whole IVF thing and hope things start to look up for you soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 won't here anything until tomorrow about the embies...(so excited yet that I have embies with an S)
    sharlee32 should be next week sometime... So will let you know
    @melros --- not sure yet but sometime on Saturday I would image...
    Last edited by Soques; 09-07-2014 at 10:35.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Sharlee32 I am so sorry this has been such a rough time, def think a complaint is in order.
    @Butterfly39 you always have such great words of wisdom, thanks sweetie xx
    @Soques fx for great news xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Sharlee32 I second the suggestion about making a written complaint. I work in the healthcare industry and a company like Genea will have a thorough complaints investigation process- and complaints are actually really important to quality improvement (as well as for your own piece of mind).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Soques  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to new thread..
    @Sharlee Im still completely shocked how they have treated you, simply not good enough.
    Glad to hear its starting to resolve.
    @butterfly Good luck for your EPU coming up.. Im sure next time Im in QLD we can find some pies lol. Im sure Dr Wazza will have a great recommendation.
    @Soques FX for lots of embies.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pies omnomnomnom

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (10-07-2014),Soques  (10-07-2014)