Closed Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    White choc and macadamia cookies. These were cooked from frozen dough I have had in the freezer for months.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    @oozzle - do you mind posting your sausage roll and pie recipes? They look great.

Okay, for the pies, I buy the cheapest puff pastry if I can't be bothered making my own. I use the small foil pie tins which I spray with canola spray before putting the pastry rounds in.

I use 1.5kg of lean gravy beef (shin)
    I brown that in a large saucepan in its own juices, I don't fry it in oil, and then add either 2 tins of tomato puree, or I puree around 12 tomatoes myself, you can even use 2 tins of tomato soup..
    2-3 tblsp of worcestershire sauce
    1 tblsp of garlic
    big bunch of parsley (half added when cooking, half stirred through before popping into the pastry)

I cook it for at least 2 hours on low until the meat is very tender. It normally thickens after cooking but you can add a cornflour mix if need be. Cool, stir through the rest of the parsley then pop into pastry..

I top with sesame seeds after brushing with egg wash.

Bake until pastry is nice and cooked.

The sausage rolls, same pastry..

I use 1.5kg of sausage mince, I have tried many types of mince, but most make these too dry and just doesn't taste the same..

I puree 3 carrots, 3 zucchinis 1 large onion and a can of butter or cannellini beans together, add it to the mince, add 2 eggs.

Grab an egg cup, crumble a chicken stock cube and mix with enough water to fill halfway, add that to the mix, a good crack of pepper and salt (if you use full salt stock cubes, omit extra salt)

Add enough breadcrumbs to make mix manageable but still wet to touch..

Pop mix in a piping bag, about a quarter at a time and pipe thick lines of the mince mix in the centre of a sheet of pastry, roll up, repeat, brush with egg wash, top with sesame seeds, either cut into party size of keep whole..

Bake at around 160 for these until cooked in the centre, it can take around 30 mins if uncut, it's easy to tell by touch if the meats cooked though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Okay, for the pies, I buy the cheapest puff pastry if I can't be bothered making my own. I use the small foil pie tins which I spray with canola spray before putting the pastry rounds in.

I use 1.5kg of lean gravy beef (shin)
    I brown that in a large saucepan in its own juices, I don't fry it in oil, and then add either 2 tins of tomato puree, or I puree around 12 tomatoes myself, you can even use 2 tins of tomato soup..
    2-3 tblsp of worcestershire sauce
    1 tblsp of garlic
    big bunch of parsley (half added when cooking, half stirred through before popping into the pastry)

I cook it for at least 2 hours on low until the meat is very tender. It normally thickens after cooking but you can add a cornflour mix if need be. Cool, stir through the rest of the parsley then pop into pastry..

I top with sesame seeds after brushing with egg wash.

Bake until pastry is nice and cooked.

The sausage rolls, same pastry..

I use 1.5kg of sausage mince, I have tried many types of mince, but most make these too dry and just doesn't taste the same..

I puree 3 carrots, 3 zucchinis 1 large onion and a can of butter or cannellini beans together, add it to the mince, add 2 eggs.

Grab an egg cup, crumble a chicken stock cube and mix with enough water to fill halfway, add that to the mix, a good crack of pepper and salt (if you use full salt stock cubes, omit extra salt)

Add enough breadcrumbs to make mix manageable but still wet to touch..

Pop mix in a piping bag, about a quarter at a time and pipe thick lines of the mince mix in the centre of a sheet of pastry, roll up, repeat, brush with egg wash, top with sesame seeds, either cut into party size of keep whole..

Bake at around 160 for these until cooked in the centre, it can take around 30 mins if uncut, it's easy to tell by touch if the meats cooked though.
    I use a French onion soup mix as 'flavour' instead of a stock cube :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Thanks so much @oozzle . I'll give your recipes a go. My sausage rolls and pies look nowhere near as appetising as yours.
    You're very welcome

@AmyEL , Oooh that would be nice.. I will have to try that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    You're very welcome

@AmyEL , Oooh that would be nice.. I will have to try that!
    You can get the salt reduced version if you find the original too salty :-)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is my second attempt this week at this Baked Lemon tart (thank goodness I go back to work on Monday, all this school holiday baking and I will be as big as a house!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405137333.364819.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (13-07-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (20-07-2014),Mod-SammiAnn  (22-07-2014),Mod-Zeddie  (12-07-2014),olismumma  (12-07-2014),The Time Has Come  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405137388.253176.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never ever remember to take photos, but we made gingerbread men yesterday big ones and little ones perfect for lunchboxes. They are all gone though so tomorrow we will be making a double batch, I'll remember to take some photos then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] biscotti View Post
    Attachment 57665

Yum! I'd break my diet for that one!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (12-07-2014)