Closed Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    ooooh YUM! How do you make that?
    Its really simple, only took a few minutes to make the base and my mr fussy with sensory issues actually ate it. I need to work out how to sneak some healthy stuff in there lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (10-07-2014),Sonja  (11-07-2014)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    YUUUUMMMMMM.. You all have my mouth watering! Hopefully my pics work...
    Oh my! That's a great looking bunch right there oozzle. That magic custard thing is brilliant, I have only made the vanilla one, kids love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @oozzle I was disappointed not see your famous meat pies amongst the baked goodies 😄

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-07-2014),oozzle  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What's the magic custard recipe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404959832.938014.jpg

Not too exciting brownies ... But I was happy to have all the ingredients in my cupboard. These baked goods look amazing!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Mod-SammiAnn  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the one I used, kinda like an impossible pie the way it splits into layers:

Whoops, the link I shared isn't allowed. I'll find another.

Sam

EDIT:

Magic cake recipe
    The magic in Magic cake is that it separates into layers in the oven with little-to-no effort from you. It has a sponge top and custard centre.

Serving Size:
    8-12

Category:
    Cakes & Baking, Dessert, Easy cake recipes

Prep Time:
    10 mins

Cook Time:
    60 mins

Ingredients:
    4 eggs (separate yolks from whites), room temperature
    3/4 cup (150g) sugar
    1/2 cup (125g) butter, melted
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup (115g) plain flour, sifted
    2 cups (500ml) milk, lukewarm
    2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
    Method:
    Step 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line a 15cm x 25 cm baking dish with baking paper and set aside. Separate eggs and beat the whites in a clean, dry bowl until they form stiff peaks. Set aside.

Step 2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar until light and frothy and then beat in butter and vanilla extract. Add flour a little at a time until well incorporated. With the mixer running add the milk a little at a time until combined.

Step 3. Gently fold in egg whites until combined and pour into dish.

Step 4. Bake for 45-70 minutes or until a light golden crust is formed on the top of the cake.

Dust sifted icing sugar generously over the top of the cake and serve.
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 10-07-2014 at 12:42.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Attachment 57576

Not too exciting brownies ... But I was happy to have all the ingredients in my cupboard. These baked goods look amazing!!
    Nothing better than some gooey brownies perfectly baked, guess what's for afternoon tea here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Here ya go @Sonja Some uncooked and a cooked one...

This is the Choc one -

Chocolate Magic Custard Cake Recipe

Yield: one 8"x8" Cake
    Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes

Recipe is adapted from our previously posted Magic Custard Cake. A few notes on making the cake: the vinegar helps stabilize the egg whites after they've whipped to stiff peaks. If you have a copper bowl to whip them in, you can skip the vinegar.
    When adding the milk, we found it easier and less messy to gently hand whip them in instead of using the stand mixer. It is a very liquidy batter, and for us it splattered everywhere even at the slowest speed. You could also wrap the head of the mixer and the top of the bowl with plastic wrap to help contain the splattering.
    As with the original magic custard cake, the temperatures of the ingredients are important. If too hot it will cook the eggs, too cold it will harden the butter.
    For folding in the whites, it is done with more of a gentle whisk/folding motion with the whisk since the batter is so runny. The whites will look a little curd like after mixing them in, just try to mix/fold them to the point where there is no big chunks.
    Because of the custard center, when fully baked, there will be a bit of a jiggle, but not a sloppy jiggle to the cake when gently shook. Same after it has cooled. That's about it. Have fun and every time we've made the magic custard cakes (this one or the original), going into the oven we don't think they will work correctly, and after baking they are magically perfect.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted Butter
    • 2 1/2 cups (600ml) Milk
    • 1 cup (115g) Flour
    • 1/2 cup (43g) Cocoa Powder
    • 4 Eggs, separated
    • 4 drops White Vinegar *see head note
    • 1 3/4 cups (210g) Confectioner's Sugar
    • 2 Tablespoons (30ml) Espresso or Strong Coffee, lukewarm
    • 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla Extract
    • extra confectioner's sugar for dusting
    • optional-fresh berries for garnish

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly butter or grease a 8"x8" baking dish.
    2. Melt the butter and set aside to slightly cool. Warm the milk to lukewarm and set aside.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder for 20 seconds. Set aside.
    4. Whip the egg whites with vinegar to stiff peaks. Set aside.
    5. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. Beat in the melted butter, espresso, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes or until evenly incorporated.
    6. Mix in the flour/cocoa into the batter until evenly incorporated. Gently whisk/beat in the milk until everything is well mixed.
    7. Fold/gently-whip in the egg whites, 1/3 at a time. Repeat until all of the egg whites are folded in.
    8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until when you gently shake the cake, it is slightly jiggly but is no longer runny jiggly (I know it sounds weird, but that is the best way we can think of describing the sensation).
    9. Allow cake to completely cool before cutting and then dust with confectioner's sugar *see Note 1. Garnish with fresh berries if desired.

Note 1: For faster cooling you can place the cake in the fridge. Even after fully cooled, it will still be slightly jiggly. It is also very delicate to move. We we're able to gentle slide/flip it out of the pan without too much damage, but after trying to move it again, it quickly cracks the top. That's part of its charm. Just dust with confectioner's sugar and devour away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Its really simple, only took a few minutes to make the base and my mr fussy with sensory issues actually ate it. I need to work out how to sneak some healthy stuff in there lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I am sooo making that tomorrow! Mine will love it too.. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    this is the filling, looks a bit like 'Dine'.. LOL It's steak, worcestershire sauce, garlic, pureed tomato and parsley. YUM

and some snaggy rolls..

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (10-07-2014),Jontu  (10-07-2014),olismumma  (10-07-2014),The Time Has Come  (10-07-2014),Theboys&me  (10-07-2014)