+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaginal Prolapse do you have one?? Help

I suspect I have a vaginal prolapse but confirming next week at the gp. But I'm currently stressing about the possibilities!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you had to have surgery to fix it? Is there exercises you can do to fix it? I do not like the sound of a peesary or surgery

I'm freaking myself out about it all and kicking myself for not doing my kegel exercises as directed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can still strengthen your pelvic floor with kegel exercises. I believe I have a small prolapse after my first baby. Now it's only noticeable if I strain for a bowel movement even though I had another baby afterward. Pelvic floor exercises really helped in my instance even though it was two years after the prolapse developed. Talk to your health care professional. Mine pretty much just shrugged and said it was nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I had one, I actually had muscle spasm too ( which is odd to have both as prolapse is from weaken muscles and spasm is over tight/ strong).
    I'm went to a physio for women who fixed spasm and the prolapse went

Thanks
    Reviews
    I THOUGHT I had one on Sunday night and completely freaked myself out about it.
    I have been abit lazy regarding my kegel exercises also!
    I saw my gp Monday morning and he actually laughed when I expressed my concern and said 'I bet it's not a prolapse'.
    After the examination it turns out it was a cyst, which has since dissapeared. I feel quite silly for working myself up about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Mmumm; 31-10-2016 at 16:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're in brisbane pm me and I'll give you the name of the clinic in Greenslopes, she's one of the best in the country

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am 14.5 weeks pp.
    Mine isn't classed as a prolapse but I have a slight cystocele
    So the bladder has pushed the walls of vagina in and there is a lump
    It was up until about 2 weeks ago bothering me but after doing pelvic floors for weeks and weeks now it's not heavy anymore . The lump is still there though about 1.5cm in
    I have been told that after 6 months it can improve even more
    I have recently had af return as well so I would say it's not bothering me now because of that (hormones have naturally strengthed from af returning)
    Last edited by Kazza78; 09-07-2014 at 14:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I've got a bladder prolapse and I suspect a rectal one too (yet to confirm at the Dr). My youngest is nearly 3 and pelvic floor exercises haven't improved it so I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I got told the pelvic floors won't really fix the drop.
    Do you guys still feel it do you?
    My aching seems to have gone about 12w pp so seems to have coincided with ov and af

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I still feel the ache when I over do things-which basically means I've turned into a lazy sloth ha!
    TMI - I can't insert a tampon, there is a sort of hard jelly type thing in the way, which I found out is my bladder argh!
    Keep an eye on yourself and def bring it up with GP when you next go. We are all guilty of putting kids/family ahead of ourselves and we shouldn't