+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you changed anything diet wise recently.

I ask because it took us 2.5yrs to work out that Dd2's awful eczema was caused by dairy.

She was on a prescription formula for reflux as a bub and weaned off it onto regular formula at 9mths & then onto cows milk at 12mths.
    Looking back it was 6wks after starting on regular formula we saw a gp for eczema.

She now drinks oat milk & can tolerate a small amount of dairy like cheese or small amount of yogurt.
    Her eczema has gone from plaguing her legs and torse to non existent

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that has changed in his diet is that I have commenced him on toddler formula instead of the "level 2" formula. He has eaten other diary since being 4 months so I don't think this is the problem but can not be certain.

He did get sick with high temps and the eczema came out at the same time. I just thought that it would have gotten better if it was related to his sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mustella soap and cream. My son gets bad eczema and we tried Moogoo and lots of creams and soaps but none worked and since we started using Mustella he hasn't had any eczema or any other kind of rash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id check the ingredients on the toddler formula against the old one just to see if theres anything different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD flared up this time last year. Then again this year. I'm convinced the colder weather starts it up. She's gets it on her face poor thing.
    We use cortisone at the start of the flare up and as other PP have said. .... QV bath oils and cream. I also use moo goo a bit too.
    Good luck.
    Also if it's on the body don't dress Bub in polyesters etc. Just cotton. Other fabric can exacerbate it until it's under control.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My DD flared up this time last year. Then again this year. I'm convinced the colder weather starts it up.

Every year as soon as April comes along dd's eczema flares up once the weather turns cooler except fpr this year as winter took awhile to show up here. But come september when it warms up it tends to settle down

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    Every year as soon as April comes along dd's eczema flares up once the weather turns cooler except fpr this year as winter took awhile to show up here. But come september when it warms up it tends to settle down

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yep same. It's only got cold here in the last month. My DD is only 19 months so it's the second winter we have had to deal with it.