+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Talking Please share your 'cheeky' 2 year old's behaviour!

Oh, 2 year olds, there're so, so...cute?!

Today Ds2
    - woke up demanding smarties (not any smarties, but orange smarties)
    - after he agreed to have cereal for breakfast, he cried when he saw the bowl
    - refused to put his jacket on to go outside (this battle happens everyday). It's very cold here in Melb.
    - after a beautiful day at the park, he started to request that we go to the shop and buy him a car (a matchbox car), lol, yeah no worries.
    - once home he does random things like throw Lego, oh and squeeze shampoo in his hair and rub it in.

Oh dear sweet pea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can relate to your 2nd point.
    This morning our nearly 2 year old, standing on his step, watched/helped me make breakfast on the kitchen counter, which today for both of us was warm milk on oatbrits with cinnamon, sultanas, a drizzle of honey and a dollop of yoghurt. Then he cried and carried on when I put it on the table. He's been doing this for the past week or so and I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
    Anyway, it stayed on the table and he ate it a couple hours later for morning tea. Same thing happened at lunch time. Ate lunch a few hours later for afternoon tea. Maybe I'm feeding him tooooooo much?!
    So not cheeky yet, just very CONFUSING!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had problems putting dd to bed, just when I thought she settled she started singing wheels on the bus in her oh so quiet voice!

DH tried putting her down with no joy, he brought her down stairs and told her she should sit in the pink (kinda naughty)chair, she told me "daddy not being nice to me"

Every day dd refuses to put her hat/scarf on, gets to the front door and says "it freezing, where my hat"!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS3 just turned 2 on Saturday. This was his accomplishment that night ...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404737074.152908.jpg

😐

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (08-07-2014),debsch  (08-07-2014),harvs  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got one word out before I got disrupted by said 2 year old.
    I could write for ever on this...
    But right now getting her gear off at any given chance is a big one, and appearing nude to me giggling "my shakey bottyyy" whilst wiggling her butt.
    Painting her face, hair, tummy, clothes when painting... Mummy is a face painter.. So not much I can say about that!
    Any question I ask, suggestion I make is a confident 'no'.
    Doing 20 laps of the lounge before changing nappy, getting dressed, putting shoes on
    Last edited by Dreamer1; 09-07-2014 at 00:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    - Pushes something over. It falls (or breaks). Innocent look and says, "Oh dear!"

- Ask him to do something. Raises his finger, shakes it at you and says, "No, no, no, no!" and wanders off, highly indignant.

- Has to conduct a morning inspection of the premises. And I mean hands behind his back, even steps, looking left and right...like an old RSM. I almost feel like I have to provide him with troops to dress down....

- My dear 2 year old has discovered the poo has a textural quality and that he able to write with it. On the wall.

Cute doesn't quite cut it right now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was going to write next to my first comment about them being cute, that you can read that with sarcasm if you like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was feeding the baby in the lounge & all was quiet elsewhere - I called out to the two year old & asked what he was doing, he said "hairdressers" - & proceeded to walk in with half a tub if paw paw ointment in his hair....! He'd climbed up onto the change table, opened the tub, & rubbed it in!

That was two days ago & I've lost count at how many shampoos & it's still in his hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Checked on dd in the bath yesterday, only to find her squirting her Dora bubbles into her hand and counting. She got to five before I asked her what she was doing and she turned around with that priceless look of horror on her face! Lol she had Dora soap all over her!

Another time she went to the loo but instead stripped off and covered herself in toothpaste! Came in to our room crying ( we were still in bed) and saying "I've got toothpaste on my bottom!" Lol poor thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS 2.5 come into my room in the middle of the night. he lay down next to me and started pushing my DH away saying 'go away daddy, get out'.