+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Okay thanks so the specsavers online is cheaper for you than in store ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Specsavers will be cheaper I don't use them because my friend is my optometrist. A lot of people I know use them and they love it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

EmPowering  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforlife View Post
    Specsavers will be cheaper I don't use them because my friend is my optometrist. A lot of people I know use them and they love it!
    Oh great that's a relief

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have contacts in now, told to walk around shops for 30 mins and come back to try them myself haha feels so weird! Was it a bit weird/blurry to start with for u?? I can see properly but feels dizzy haha and weird

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

vue  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He also recommended me daily disposables ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I don't remember it being blurry. There was a bit of an adjustment to get used to though.

Daily will help you get used to them and your eyes will get the break every night. You could probably ask them for longer ones if you want to change later. I started with fortnightly ones but they had to be taken out every night.

"Insert witty signature here"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

EmPowering  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I remember feeling dizzy ha they take a while to get used to and I started with daily lenses too. Hope it all works out!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

EmPowering  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    He also recommended me daily disposables ?
    I use daily disposables now and prefer them to my previous lenses (monthly lenses), because I'm lazy and find it easier than changing the solution in the lens case each day.

Also because overnight lenses irritate my eyes too much, I didn't need ones that could be worn overnight.

Daily lenses usually work out to be a bit more expensive than monthly lenses, butI still prefer them.

And yep, it feels really weird being able to see everything without glasses on!

The other thing I love about contacts that I forgot to mention is being able to wear sunglasses, without needing to buy prescription sunglasses.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

EmPowering  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes sunglasses will be amazing

Okay thanks! How much am I looking at for pack of daily lenses ?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have worn contacts for 17 years now. I hate wearing my glasses and only wear them at home at night time for about half an hour before I go to bed.

The dizzy feeling is because your peripherals are no longer blurry. ITs like a fish bowl effect because your mind is trying to adjust to the sudden complete clarity. It takes a bit to get used to. I get that feeling when I put my glasses on because my peripherals are blurry after an entire day of being clear...hence why I only wear them not long before bed (it makes me queezy to look around to much with my glasses on).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

EmPowering  (08-07-2014),FrothyFrog  (08-07-2014)