+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile Newbie mum

Hello! I've just had my first bub (beautiful boy born 20-05-2014) and am keen to get in touch with any mothers or fathers or both around the Merrylands West area. There's a mothers group that council ( I think) set up but it's only Monday mornings and often I can't get there at that time, plus the awkwardness of walking into a room of people you've never met or spoken to before.
    So if anyone is interested or would like to chat .. !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies if there is a similar thread I couldn't find anything from this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Hello! I've just had my first bub (beautiful boy born 20-05-2014) and am keen to get in touch with any mothers or fathers or both around the Merrylands West area. There's a mothers group that council ( I think) set up but it's only Monday mornings and often I can't get there at that time, plus the awkwardness of walking into a room of people you've never met or spoken to before.
    So if anyone is interested or would like to chat .. !
    Hi! I just saw your post - my dd was born on the same day as your son & I'm in the Parramatta area. Maybe we could PM and arrange to meet up? Im similar to you, a bit unsure about walking in to a new group by myself!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hello qrazelna, and toppy, welcome to bubhub. I see you haven't been here long, so I hope you enjoy your stay in bubhub land. marie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Toppy  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    My name is sarah and I have a daughter born 24/5/2014, Scarlett. We are looking to join a mums group. Much similar to you, I am quite uncomfortable turning up not knowing people.
    Have you joined, started or know of a mothers group? We are in the blacktown area and happy to travel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out we are moving to Penrith next week so after we settle in I'll get back into this. Baby mama I'm happy to travel too. I haven't joined a group yet.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi both of you - and welcome to bubhub

have a look around the site, and start chatting to other Mums. You will soon find some friends to chat with

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have put a few other posts up on other forums too so hopefully find out some information to share soon.. I only found local playgroups and the ones I called and 1 I attended the children were much older and wasn't all that enjoyable, especially because the group had been together since kids were young. Its great our bubs are only days a part. Its what I hoped to find. Hopefully speak soon. I hope the move isn't too hard or stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sarah I'm hoping the move isn't too stressful either! I haven't met any other new mums with bubs yet although I have two friends who are expecting. One has started the process of being induced tonight and my other friend is due in November, they are both from the blacktown area so I suspect I would be travelling that way a lot which I have no issues with. I would love to meet up with mums whose bubs are much closer in age to my DS. Is this your first Sarah?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thats great at least your bub won't be too much older to your friends babies. I only have a cousin who has an 8 month old. A part from that I don't know anyone else with a baby and friends are at a very different life stage to me. This is my first and just enjoying her so much. Though some days its very challenging and my husband works long hours 6-7 days a week so it gets a bit lonely too. My daughters name is Scarlett, what is your sons name? Is he your first? We will eventually be moving to Oran Park end of next year and we go northern road so we're towards that way quite regularly. What's your son like? Is he good for his mum!?